Singapore Expats Forum

Dependent visa

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

pradeep_dd
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 08 Apr 2012

Dependent visa

Postby pradeep_dd » Sun, 08 Apr 2012 10:05 pm

Hi All,

I am an Employment pass holder from India. I am getting married in next month and I am planning to bring my wife to Singapore after 5 days from the marriage date. My HR told me that it takes 2 weeks to process the dependent visa and getting the marriage certificate in India also may take 2 days. I have the below questions

1) Is it possible to apply dependent pass before the marriage?
2) can I bring her with visit pass/tourist pass?
3) once the dependent pass is approved, whether she needs to go back to India and come with IPA letter or she can get the dependent pass directly here?
4) Suppose if she needs to go back and come again.. is there any time period restriction between her first and second visit to Singapore (first with visit pass and second with dependent pass/IPA)

Thanks
Pradeep

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Dependent visa

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Apr 2012 11:19 pm

pradeep_dd wrote:Hi All,

I am an Employment pass holder from India. I am getting married in next month and I am planning to bring my wife to Singapore after 5 days from the marriage date. My HR told me that it takes 2 weeks to process the dependent visa and getting the marriage certificate in India also may take 2 days. I have the below questions

1) Is it possible to apply dependent pass before the marriage? NO
2) can I bring her with visit pass/tourist pass? Yes
3) once the dependent pass is approved, whether she needs to go back to India and come with IPA letter or she can get the dependent pass directly here? She can do it here IF it's done in time before her SVP runs out.
4) Suppose if she needs to go back and come again.. is there any time period restriction between her first and second visit to Singapore (first with visit pass and second with dependent pass/IPA) 5 days, minimum would be best. Better would be to stay in India until IAP is granted.

Thanks
Pradeep


sms

User avatar
Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed, 02 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Zeenit » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 5:19 pm

MAke sure all the paperwork is in English and all important legal things are translated and stamped official before you arrive.
Zeenit

xenobia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue, 20 Mar 2012

Postby xenobia » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 6:28 pm

Can someone with a SVP/Tourist visa visit for roughly a week to 10 days every month?

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 6:38 pm

xenobia wrote:Can someone with a SVP/Tourist visa visit for roughly a week to 10 days every month?


Yes before you get KICK OUT for doing dodgy stuff here.
What were you thinking?
Do you think ICA is that stupid and does not notice your passport entry ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

xenobia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue, 20 Mar 2012

Postby xenobia » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 6:43 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
xenobia wrote:Can someone with a SVP/Tourist visa visit for roughly a week to 10 days every month?


Yes before you get KICK OUT for doing dodgy stuff here.
What were you thinking?
Do you think ICA is that stupid and does not notice your passport entry ?


No No, I apologize if I gave the wrong impression. This is not for anything dodgy. It's for my parents who'd like to visit once a month for a few days.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 8:50 pm

Sure, why not? I'd be more concerned if she visited 20 days a month and left for 5 or 10 only.

I came here for a month every third month for 11 years!

xenobia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue, 20 Mar 2012

Postby xenobia » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 8:55 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sure, why not? I'd be more concerned if she visited 20 days a month and left for 5 or 10 only.

I came here for a month every third month for 11 years!


Thanks a lot. Was curious since all my folks would do is visit for 7-10 days tops, and leave.

xenobia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue, 20 Mar 2012

Postby xenobia » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 9:08 pm

Quick question. The kind of visa they should apply for is SVP right?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 9:57 pm

Yep.

xenobia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue, 20 Mar 2012

Postby xenobia » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:43 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yep.


tyvm sir!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests