Singapore Expats

threat via sms & email

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:54 am

the lynx wrote:There is no need to make any hateful remark in direct reference that the offender is French.
me no say nothing bad 'bout the about French ..

Just I got the drift that the french man is a innocent victim of the love gone sour .. ha ha ...

Moi got many French friends .. who don't own white flags though .. :)

Grumpy77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Grumpy77 » Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:40 pm

The OP asks for advice when he already knows what he will hear. Logically, every single reply was to report to the police. OP then says thanks but no thanks, I'll handle it my way.

Why ask if you already know what you are going to do?

This thread is a complete and utter waste of time! And good luck with the GF, she is definitely sleeping with Pierre, no other reason would she be 'helping' him.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 12 Apr 2012 1:57 pm

Grumpy77 wrote:This thread is a complete and utter waste of time! And good luck with the GF, she is definitely sleeping with Pierre, no other reason would she be 'helping' him.
I knew it had to be Pierre the Dehydrated Frenchman .. I just knew it .. !!!!!!!!!!!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 12 Apr 2012 2:31 pm

'Entente discordiale: French are still world's rudest nation, says survey of Britons'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/artic ... -poll.html

p.s.
Yeah, someone threatens to murder you and you decide to give them one more chance. LOL! that makes loadsa sense! :lol:

BigSis
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BigSis » Thu, 12 Apr 2012 3:43 pm

1. do not delete any SMS messages that you may get from him - or emails.

2. keep notes of when and where he hassled you if he's doing it to your face. If there are witnesses, ask them to agree to be available to give a statement if necessary.

3. Ditch the girlfriend and find one with less 'baggage'.

That's about it really.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Thu, 12 Apr 2012 4:19 pm

I had a case of somebody go berserk and threaten us - that he was also posturing as French (despite being French-speaking Belgian national with Spanish roots, related to a famous deranged painter) is probably a coincidence - I don't participate in racial profiling!
The police won't help: They tend to keep out of "private disputes". A Magistrate's Complaint (filed with the Magistrate Court) did the trick: He had nothing to defend himself, refused to cooperate in hearings and left Singapore just before an arrest warrant was issued to ensure his appearance.
Since such a warrant never expires, he will have to avoid Singapore for life. The whole thing costed me about S$2000 (recoverable if he ever gets caught, which is unlikely) and three months time, but is worth it for peace of mind, given that he also contacted my friends and employer over the issue and threatened my in-laws.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 12 Apr 2012 7:14 pm

Threads like this can be criminal and as far as I can see in Singapore a qualification goes via intention of the threatener to intimidate the victim to force him/her to do something he or she is not legally obliged to do. Police should take it. As a matter of fact I witness once such report being filed and the policeman was not trying to discourage the person.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 8:38 am

When A friend was threatened, he and me walked into Orchard NPP, and the cop took down some notes, and advised on the possibly recourse and effects of each.

In any case, whether it is the cops going to act or not, the main thing is, in Singapore, Cops provide advise-

In the case of our friend here, it is messy enough - as I see it .. not sure if the police will be of any help .. as he is in a bitter sweet situation ..

I am trying to figure what the Flaming French man said in the threat - was it like "lay off my lay, or i will lay you away ?? " :D :D

IOP
Regular
Regular

Re: threat via sms & email

Post by IOP » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 2:39 pm

rosscruz08 wrote:hi is there anyone here who can help me..
coz ive been receiving a threat from a french tourist in singapore.

I am a filipino, currently in working in Saudi Arabia.
Ive been visiting Singapore for quite some time but this time Im quite worried of going back to Singapore due to threats Im getting.

how can i make it stop?
any suggestions?
is there any legal actions I can do?

thanks..
Save your sms messages on your phone and do not delete them.
File a police report against him and show your sms messages to a police officer.
French guys doesn't have any power here, only in France.
Should he says something discriminating, add this to your report.