Singapore Expats

PMP Courses in Singapore - recommendations?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
olivia242

PMP Courses in Singapore - recommendations?

Post by olivia242 » Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:39 pm

Hi,

I'm still struggling to find work as a project manager and am thinking that a PMP certification may increase my chances.

Does anyone know a good school/institution that will do an intensive course including the exam? I want to be certified as quickly as possible.

Thanks.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 05 Apr 2012 11:35 pm

Cheetah Learning. If you are getting interviews and not getting jobs, a certification might not help you. If you have lots of years of experience in project management the PMP will teach you new ways to think about projects which may increase your chances.

catherineteosg

Post by catherineteosg » Mon, 23 Apr 2012 8:16 am

Those courses are short. Only 5 days. I suggest you read Rita book first. Also download some online courses.. Practice. Finally to meet the registration requirements attend class.

Xi Tan

PMP Course - Discount for foreigners!

Post by Xi Tan » Thu, 17 May 2012 12:26 pm

Hi I know this post is really old now, but just to share..foreigners can actually get a discounts (UTAP allowance) for PMP courses at NTUC LearningHub!

If you join NTUC (you must have heard of NTUC Fair Price!) you are eligible for an upto $500 upfront discount on Next U courses, including PMP! Foreigners are entitled to this union benefit as well!

To check out the enormous list of courses go here - http://www.nextu.com.sg/

To understand more about how UTAP discount works for foreigners - call Next U @ 64712223

To see scheduled for PMP courses - http://www.nextu.com.sg/project-managem ... n-training

Thanks!
Last edited by Xi Tan on Thu, 17 May 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PMP Course - Discount for foreigners!

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 May 2012 1:21 pm

Xi Tan wrote: you are eligible (in spite of being a foreigner!)
Not a good way to win friends around here....... :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers