Singapore Expats

working pass for local Uni Grad in Animation field?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 5:17 am

working pass for local Uni Grad in Animation field?

Post by gino55 » Wed, 04 Apr 2012 5:30 am

Hi folks,

I am an Indonesian. NTU School of Animation graduate of 2011. Currently under Long Term Visit Pass until Oct 2012 to look for jobs. The job market for animation industry is pretty scarce.

I am also under tuition Grant by MoE and has an outstanding Loan Debt from local bank.

Now I would like to assess my chances of getting a pass here.

1. EP is now for above 3000SGD per month. That is a lot of money for the industry, sadly. Now, does that very fact actually affects MoM's decision to grant an EP? I've heard someone working at NTU with a 2,700SGD salary yet still managed to get an EP. Meaning that the actual number could be bent depending on which organization I am under, correct?
2. can I actually apply as a "freelance" artist? Meaning self-employed?
3. does anyone have any knowledge as to whether the fact that I was granted Tuition Grant (meaning, I have the so called 3-year bond) and the loan will help me to obtain a pass here? Maybe not EP, but lower.
4. I also possess EPEC, if that matters (I got my LTVP via EPEC).

I am in quite a situation.. I am only hoping that my "status" as a local uni graduate with aforementioned "bonds" can grease up my legality in Singapore. Though the more I read this board the more I am under the impression that whoever is the more lucrative to the country is prioritized.

In short, how do I provide my.. value... to this land?

Any help or information beyond the aforementioned points would be greatly appreciated.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests