Singapore Expats Forum

Extend ReEntry Permit by setting up a Pte Ltd

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
couldyoufindme

Extend ReEntry Permit by setting up a Pte Ltd

Postby couldyoufindme » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 2:06 pm

Hi all,

I'm a Singapore PR since 2008, leaving Singapore on 2010 to my country to setup my own IT company.

My REP will expire on 2013, and I'm planning to extend it by coming back to Singapore.

My choices are 2 :

1. Back to Sg as an employee.
2. Back to Sg to setup Pte Ltd (expanding my current company to Sg), and become the Director.

Choice no 2, since it's a new business, I'm not pretty sure what my income would be. So the company might not have profit during first few months.

Does anyone can give me insight, if I choose option 2, what is the possibility my PR extended by ICA ? I haven't topped up my CPF since 2010.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Extend ReEntry Permit by setting up a Pte Ltd

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 2:35 pm

couldyoufindme wrote:I'm a Singapore PR since 2008, leaving Singapore on 2010 to my country to setup my own IT company.

By becoming a PR, you told the Singapore government that you wanted Singapore to be your country.

Honestly what you're asking for help doing is not a standard case. You've already been out of Singapore long enough that 75% of your time in the 5 year period of this REP is not within Singapore, and you were not posted overseas by a Singapore based company.

Your best bet is to write a letter to ICA explaining this exact situation you're in, and ask what their guidance is in this case. Include your NRIC so that they can correlate any advice given back to you and they have a record of your case when it comes time to renew the REP.

Good Luck :cool:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 2:42 pm

Frankly, the odds are against you. However, if you do set up a company, it better be a viable one showing income. As there is no way you are going to show the required last three years tax assessments, I'm betting against it. But they MIGHT give you a ONE years REP to see what you do. At that point the writing is one the wall and you are going to have to sh*t or get off the pot. You are an abuser and they are starting to use ANY excuse to say NO to renewing REP's for those types of people as the country doesn't need them.