Singapore Expats Forum

Recently move to Singapore from China....

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 9:34 am

Wow, HP13, I instantly dislike you!
nutnut

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 9:48 am

HP13 wrote:
the lynx wrote:Welcome to Singapore.

given your nationality and intention 'to meet local people in bars', whether knowingly or not.

Can you explain the basis of judging her post based on nationality?

She might be better person than you given your obnoxious behaviour which apparently reflects in your reply.

Which nationality do you belong to? Am sure you being proud about it but doesnt reflect in your talks though.

the lynx wrote:Welcome to Singapore.

I just can't help but snigger at your question.

You won't find nice men in bars; in fact, you won't have nice ending with people you meet in bars. Trust me. Find elsewhere a little more clean.

I just can't help but snigger at your reply.

You won't find nice men in bars-- Do you really mean it? Seems you have experienced it?
Find elsewhere a little more clean.-- Can you tell us which bar were you thinking? I reckon your thoughts require cleansing.

:x :mad: :x

Even if you only read the post that Lynx made you'd realise what you had said here.

Having lived in SG for 4 years, then you should understand that Chinese girls trying to meet folk in seedier bars (there are lots so don't say there aren't) certainly fit into a typical stereotype, Lynx was trying to point this out to the OP in a somewhat cheeky way, she was trying to ensure that the girl didn't fall into the trap, I can't see anything derogatory about it, in fact I think that's very honourable of her to say so!

The Lynx (female contributor) was trying to suggest that the OP uses a dating site instead of going to bars as maybe she's found that men in bars are only after one thing.

I find your comments FAR more offensive than Lynx's first one, I am sure this is the reason SMS has said what he's said.

Oh, and if you don't like the way the forum has offensive generalisations based on nationality then don't read it and don't bother coming back.

Out of interest, since you are so knowledgeable and such a wonderful citizen of the world. What advice would you give the OP? Or are you just here trolling to get into fights with people?

A real keyboard warrior aren't you? Well done big man, bet you feel fantastic now.
nutnut

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 10:05 am

How long have you been in Singapore?-- Am a US citizen, i have Indian roots. Been in Singapore for 4 yrs. Does this makes a difference?

Bet you are only a naturalized citizen and have a lot more than just Indian "roots", so you are still "from" the subcontinent. And you 'still' have an attitude problem.

I've been here a couple years longer than that and I don't discredit you, you are doing fine all by yourself.

You obviously aren't born in the US if you took my statement about boats literally. In the US vernacular it means the same thing as "where you born yesterday?" If I were looking to deliberately insult you (rather than just wonder if you just arrived from the airport or causeway) I would have said Banana Boat. :roll:

Have you done any military service in the US? Has your parents done any military service in the US?

HP13

Postby HP13 » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 10:06 am

I thought Lynx was a guy.

You won't find nice men in bars-- Do you really mean it? Seems you have experienced it? -------My apologies to the lady. I take back this.
"The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitude of mind."

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 11:45 am

HP13 wrote:I thought Lynx was a guy.

You won't find nice men in bars-- Do you really mean it? Seems you have experienced it? -------My apologies to the lady. I take back this.

And you're the one spouting off about assumptions ??? Tut tut!

I think it may be best to back down now and realise how rude you were in the first place, egg is well and truly on your face. (And before you say it, I don't mean literally you have egg on your face!!!)

Glad I don't have masters! :roll: :roll:
nutnut

HP13

Postby HP13 » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 12:19 pm

nutnut wrote:

I think it may be best to back down now and realise how rude you were in the first place, egg is well and truly on your face. (And before you say it, I don't mean literally you have egg on your face!!!)

Dis Agree!! I apologized for that statement only cos i realized its the lady on the other side.
I still stand by the other stuff i said.
"The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitude of mind."

HP13

Postby HP13 » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 12:24 pm

nutnut wrote:

Perfect!!

The grapes are sour right :P

HP13

Postby HP13 » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 12:47 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:How long have you been in Singapore?-- Am a US citizen, i have Indian roots. Been in Singapore for 4 yrs. Does this makes a difference?

Bet you are only a naturalized citizen and have a lot more than just Indian "roots", so you are still "from" the subcontinent. And you 'still' have an attitude problem.

I've been here a couple years longer than that and I don't discredit you, you are doing fine all by yourself.

You obviously aren't born in the US if you took my statement about boats literally. In the US vernacular it means the same thing as "where you born yesterday?" If I were looking to deliberately insult you (rather than just wonder if you just arrived from the airport or causeway) I would have said Banana Boat. :roll:

Have you done any military service in the US? Has your parents done any military service in the US?

You ain't worry about my background. I know what it is.

Did i ask you about your citizenship/nationality/roots? Nope.
Cos it doesn't matter. I don't generalize people on these basis.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 3:05 pm

HP13 wrote:
nutnut wrote:

Dis Agree!! I apologized for that statement only cos i realized its the lady on the other side.
I still stand by the other stuff i said.

The way you engineered your post (whether on purposefully or not) to make Lynx look like she was stereotyping someone when she was trying to help was the issue I personally have with you. And the ensuing comments about you are probably around this as you look like a troll trying to start a fight!

I certainly don't have sour grapes about you having masters, however, it really does make sense, since you are arrogant and self involved.

I suppose I don't blame you entirely, your background as an American hardly gives you grounds for understanding the English language properly in the first place, whether you are of Indian background or not makes no difference in this regard.

If you wish, I can break it all down bit by bit so you can see where you went wrong. Would you like me to do this for you? I am happy to help you understand, so you can apologise or prove yourself to be even more ignorant than you already have.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
nutnut

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 3:29 pm

HP13 wrote:Let me reply subjectively & not play around with assumptions unlike you.

Objectively?

HP13 wrote:I found lot of offensive generalizations made in this forum based on nationality.

Can you explain why you mention this? I ask as I have noticed one or two people claiming this before. Is this community meant to be concerned that you find aspects of it personally offensive? I'm genuinely interested.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 3:53 pm

JR8 wrote:
HP13 wrote:I found lot of offensive generalizations (sic) made in this forum based on nationality.

Can you explain why you mention this? I ask as I have noticed one or two people claiming this before. Is this community meant to be concerned that you find aspects of it personally offensive? I'm genuinely interested.

Yeah, I was wondering about this too, although, I just made a sweeping generalisation about Americans not being able to understand English properly, a point perhaps bolstered by the protagonists poor grammatical style and his misuse of words, of course, this does not include ALL Americans.... Well, ok, most of them :P :P
nutnut

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 3:57 pm

As he has avoided answer my questions, I would assume he's not been an
"American" all that long. I even have my doubts that he's even 1st generation Yank.

It's kind of funny that he told me that I probably came by boat from my home town after him saying there were no boats from the USofA. As a researcher, he is sorely lacking. Of course his initial tirade shows his lack of research on the board in the first instance.

:roll:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 3:59 pm

nutnut wrote:Yeah, I was wondering about this too, although, I just made a sweeping generalisation about Americans not being able to understand English properly, a point perhaps bolstered by the protagonists poor grammatical style and his misuse of words, of course, this does not include ALL Americans.... Well, ok, most of them :P :P

Yeah I saw it, but I just consider the source. :tongue: :devil:

I wonder if our protagonist has cottoned to the fact yet, that I'm also a Yank.

A real one, that is...... :wink:

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 4:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
nutnut wrote:Yeah, I was wondering about this too, although, I just made a sweeping generalisation about Americans not being able to understand English properly, a point perhaps bolstered by the protagonists poor grammatical style and his misuse of words, of course, this does not include ALL Americans.... Well, ok, most of them :P :P

Yeah I saw it, but I just consider the source. :tongue: :devil:

I knew you wouldn't bite, still thought you'd be amused by it!

I don't care where this guy is from ro how long he's been here or who he knows etc etc. I still think he's incredibly rude! Even if he was from the same mother as me I'd pull him up for it!
nutnut

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 10:43 pm

Well! :o I've just had a candid conversation with a SGn who has also lived in India and the US.

Edit:
On second thoughts that opinion was perhaps a little too real, and inevitably unlikely to make me any friends. Better I don't relay it I think!