Singapore Expats Forum

Recently move to Singapore from China....

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
cutegirl54637

Recently move to Singapore from China....

Postby cutegirl54637 » Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:32 am

Hi,
I am recently move to Singapore from China due to Job. I am looking to meet local people. Any good suggestion for bar? :D
jodohgue.com

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Postby the lynx » Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:42 am

Welcome to Singapore.

I just can't help but snigger at your question. Your question unfortunately will throw you in a very bad stereotyped spotlight, given your nationality and intention 'to meet local people in bars', whether knowingly or not.

You won't find nice men in bars; in fact, you won't have nice ending with people you meet in bars. Trust me. Find elsewhere a little more clean.

:cough:datingsite:cough:

Good luck :mrgreen:

:cough:Friday:cough:

Oh wait, you already have your own dating site! Tsk tsk tsk... how cheeky! :twisted:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:05 pm

the lynx, I beg your pardon! I met my wife in a bar and we've been married for almost 29 years.

Of course, I know what you are talking about, but such a sweeping statement just doesn't cut it. My wife was a professional entertainer/singer in a local country western band for 25 years. She doesn't drink either and is very religious (too much for me - I'm a pagan!).

Coming from China but flogging an Indonesian site?

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:15 pm

I met my better half in a bar too, infact that's got to be 2 out of 2 in this thread that have had a happy and fulfilling relationship for over 10 years with women they picked up in bars!
nutnut

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:25 pm

I met my girlfriend in a bar.

:)

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Postby the lynx » Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:27 pm

Woah, woah... hold your horses! Yeah I guess my statement can be misconstrued as sweeping statement from another angle. Sorry!

I was actually having the scene of typical ahpek-infested KTV lounges in my mind if you know what I mean... :P

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Fri, 30 Mar 2012 1:20 pm

That's not a bar, that's a brothel, there's a big difference ;)
nutnut

HP13

Postby HP13 » Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:54 pm

the lynx wrote:Welcome to Singapore.

given your nationality and intention 'to meet local people in bars', whether knowingly or not.

Can you explain the basis of judging her post based on nationality?

She might be better person than you given your obnoxious behaviour which apparently reflects in your reply.

Which nationality do you belong to? Am sure you being proud about it but doesnt reflect in your talks though.

the lynx wrote:Welcome to Singapore.

I just can't help but snigger at your question.

You won't find nice men in bars; in fact, you won't have nice ending with people you meet in bars. Trust me. Find elsewhere a little more clean.

I just can't help but snigger at your reply.

You won't find nice men in bars-- Do you really mean it? Seems you have experienced it?
Find elsewhere a little more clean.-- Can you tell us which bar were you thinking? I reckon your thoughts require cleansing.

:x :mad: :x
"The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitude of mind."

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 31 Mar 2012 11:39 pm

Oh boy, just what we need, another subcontinental newbie with an attitude. Not a good way to gain street cred here, guaranteed. How long have you been in Singapore? Or did you just get off'n the boat yesterday?

Had you bothered to read, you would have noticed she had already been chastised by the regulars and she had also apologized and clarified what she was referring to. So here comes an brand new Indian newbie with only one post and proceeds to try to show her his mettle here. :roll:

What's the matter, you've already found out that most girls in Singapore aren't to impressed by Indians? Especially those who have attitude problems? Bet you have a masters as well.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 12:06 am

Just in time for the weekend. Better late than never! :cool:

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 12:13 am

Oh boy. Two posts in and already acting righteous, not even bothering to back read for context.

You're late to the party, pal.

madaboutplastic
Regular
Regular

Postby madaboutplastic » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 2:25 am

I want to Help dat indian!! Lol

HP13

Postby HP13 » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 9:02 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Oh boy, just what we need, another subcontinental newbie with an attitude. Not a good way to gain street cred here, guaranteed. How long have you been in Singapore? Or did you just get off'n the boat yesterday?

Had you bothered to read, you would have noticed she had already been chastised by the regulars and she had also apologized and clarified what she was referring to. So here comes an brand new Indian newbie with only one post and proceeds to try to show her his mettle here. :roll:

What's the matter, you've already found out that most girls in Singapore aren't to impressed by Indians? Especially those who have attitude problems? Bet you have a masters as well.

Let me reply subjectively & not play around with assumptions unlike you.

Oh boy, just what we need, another subcontinental newbie with an attitude-- I have a positive one. At least I dont have to discredit people to feel higher about self unlike you.

How long have you been in Singapore?-- Am a US citizen, i have Indian roots. Been in Singapore for 4 yrs. Does this makes a difference?

Or did you just get off'n the boat yesterday? Unfortunately we dont have any boats from states. I bet you came by boat from your town.

Had you bothered to read, you would have noticed she had already been chastised by the regulars and she had also apologized and clarified what she was referring to-- Apologies i haven't read other posts by the OP. I found lot of offensive generalizations made in this forum based on nationality.

So here comes an brand new Indian newbie with only one post and proceeds to try to show her his mettle here. :roll: -- Do you live in imaginary world of your assumptions?
Another assumption..I dont know who she is. I just made my point.

What's the matter, you've already found out that most girls in Singapore aren't to impressed by Indians? --- The matter is generalization of a community. Do i care if they are impressed or not? I bet you do.

Bet you have a masters as well-- Indeed you already assumed :P
"The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitude of mind."

HP13

Postby HP13 » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 9:07 am

madaboutplastic wrote:I want to Help dat indian!! Lol

I bet you can't.

Just keep Lol'ing for no reason. You are good at it.

HP13

Postby HP13 » Sun, 01 Apr 2012 9:07 am

nakatago wrote:Oh boy. Two posts in and already acting righteous, not even bothering to back read for context.

You're late to the party, pal.

Apologies