Singapore Expats

[Q] Non-renewable Three-month Visit Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Fulvian

[Q] Non-renewable Three-month Visit Pass

Post by Fulvian » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:59 am

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply for 3-month visit pass as stated at this ICA page to look for job in Singapore sometime later this year and I have some inquiries regarding this (FYI I have no one to sponsor me), I would appreciate if someone could answer them concisely:
1. If my application is rejected, what are my odds of being eligible to apply for the same LTVP again? can I even appeal for re-consideration?
2. I have a degree, but not a good one (about 66%) and coming from a not-so-famous university, can my work experience (2 years in Indonesia, 2 years in Malaysia) and/or my work permit/visa/pass in other countries help increasing my chances?
3. If my application is approved and I use up the 3-month period of LTVP, when can I apply again?

Thank you in advance.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 3:46 am

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, (but the answer will be concise).

As it says on the page you linked the EPEC 'visa scheme' is discontinued.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: [Q] Non-renewable Three-month Visit Pass

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 3:53 am

Fulvian wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply for 3-month visit pass as stated at this ICA page to look for job in Singapore sometime later this year and I have some inquiries regarding this (FYI I have no one to sponsor me), I would appreciate if someone could answer them concisely:
Wow!!, you need us to answer your queries CONCISELY. No humblness methinks on the way you approach us. DO that again and I will give you a stick. No manners at all is my concise reply
1. If my application is rejected, what are my odds of being eligible to apply for the same LTVP again? can I even appeal for re-consideration?

Unless you comes from certain countries that received 3 month SVP. you will only received 30 days max per Concisely stamped on your PP up to 90 days max only after renewal application.
No way you will get LTSVP, it does not work the way you perceived in concise context of this question

2. I have a degree, but not a good one (about 66%) and coming from a not-so-famous university, can my work experience (2 years in Indonesia, 2 years in Malaysia) and/or my work permit/visa/pass in other countries help increasing my chances?

To find a job is two fold.
You must meet the educational qualification from approved overseas institution by MOM
Your employer must proof to MOM that you are worth the money that local cannot do concisely.

3. If my application is approved and I use up the 3-month period of LTVP, when can I apply again?

You are assumed a lot of things under LTSVP. LTSVP are meant for foreign spouse of local or SPR, investment of more than $10 mil, etc.
Is this concise enough for you?

Thank you in advance.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 6:51 am

The word of the Week this week was concisely.

Next week the word of the week will be "doubtful"
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: [Q] Non-renewable Three-month Visit Pass

Post by the lynx » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:22 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
Fulvian wrote:2. I have a degree, but not a good one (about 66%) and coming from a not-so-famous university, can my work experience (2 years in Indonesia, 2 years in Malaysia) and/or my work permit/visa/pass in other countries help increasing my chances?

To find a job is two fold.
You must meet the educational qualification from approved overseas institution by MOM
Your employer must proof to MOM that you are worth the money that local cannot do concisely.
I have to concur with MS on this one.

An additional concise note, check MOM's website for list of approved tertiary education institutes under Malaysia category. If your university is not there, then you can kiss your application goodbye.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:41 pm

Hehe. 'Concise' joins the list of vocabulary with special significance, alongside 'masters' - sorry that should be 'MASTER from world famous university', etc... :D
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 1:24 pm

^^^^ +1
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Fulvian

Post by Fulvian » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 5:29 pm

Apologies for inappropriate choice of words, as English is not my native language, and I've been practising it for only a little over one year, please excuse my mistakes, I didn't mean to show no respect.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 5:52 pm

No apologies necessary. Sometimes newbies give us a chance to lighten up a bit. Unfortunately, at the expense of the newbie. But, anybody planning on coming to the Little Red Dot, better have a pretty thick hide anyway, so we are just priming the pump so you are better able to deflect the barbs that come with the territory here.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 5:54 pm

Hey Fulvian, don't worry - we're a tough crowd on here. Actually your English is good, which is why we took the 'concise' comment the way we did. But good on you for responding as you have.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 3:25 am

I forgive you concisely.
To be concise , you as a Malaysian, is at the front of the queue in terms of EP application.
Whether MOM accept your employer EP application that will be another kettle of fish altogether
Have a concise approach on all concisetiveness in all your consiceious approach concisely. Do you concise? :lol:
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:55 pm

Shouldn't that be...

The concise thinker sees the verbose, feels the unintelligible, and achieves the inconcisible. Ya-who ???

or something like that

:twisted:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 3:13 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:Shouldn't that be...

The concise thinker sees the verbose, feels the unintelligible, and achieves the inconcisible. Ya-who ???

or something like that

:twisted:
Mate !! You ARE GOOD > I bow to you humbly

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 31 Mar 2012 3:10 pm

You're too kind MS. No, really, you are! :cool: