Singapore Expats Forum

Band looking for singer, bass, keyboards, trumpet...etc etc

Find your sports & recreational partners & Teams here.
mer989
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 30 Mar 2011

Band looking for singer, bass, keyboards, trumpet...etc etc

Postby mer989 » Mon, 19 Mar 2012 1:39 pm

We are still looking for a singer, bass, as well as piano and another cool instruments like trumpet, sax.. etc, all welcome!

Currently, we are a drummer, 2 guitarist. (one occasionally playing bass)

We are meeting tomorrow tuesday 20 March, evening so please let me know if you want to join us!

91696824
Maria

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Band looking for singer, bass, keyboards, trumpet...etc

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 19 Mar 2012 4:36 pm

mer989 wrote:We are still looking for a singer, bass, as well as piano and another cool instruments like trumpet, sax.. etc, all welcome!

Currently, we are a drummer, 2 guitarist. (one occasionally playing bass)

We are meeting tomorrow tuesday 20 March, evening so please let me know if you want to join us!

91696824
Maria


Are you a professional band ? And are you local ? Do You have a gig ?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35164
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 Mar 2012 5:16 pm

Why? Does it matter?
Why? Does it matter?
Why? Does it matter?

They are looking for band members........

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Mon, 19 Mar 2012 5:23 pm

maybe squirrel wants to join them with his cello!

:lol:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 20 Mar 2012 9:02 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why? Does it matter?
Why? Does it matter?
Why? Does it matter?

They are looking for band members........


yes, it matters.

Because I know people who are looking for gigs and freelancing .. and my questions are valid .... no, not gonna compete with your son though

:P

Oh, btw, I know you know that I know nothing about music .. ;)

nak: nope, I am dumb as a door bell when it comes to music :)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35164
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:17 am

If they were looking for gigs, or freelancing I would have thought that they would already have a "group setup" in mind, rather than the "all are welcome" invitation which, to my mind, is a group of people who enjoy making music together for the sake of making music, nothing more. Had there been more I'm pretty sure they would have indicated as such.

Whether you are musically inclined or not is not even relevant (unless you are trying to play the cello). I see people who can't carry a tune in the bathtub singing Karaoke all the time. In fact, those who usually sing Karaoke are the ones that shouldn't.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:51 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If they were looking for gigs, or freelancing I would have thought that they would already have a "group setup" in mind, rather than the "all are welcome" invitation which, to my mind, is a group of people who enjoy making music together for the sake of making music, nothing more. Had there been more I'm pretty sure they would have indicated as such.


There are enough 'put together' bands, who are put themselves together, and then go on to bid .. if I can safely say from my meeting enough people from 'good local bands' here.. (no, not dropping names, but that's the fact .. )

Hence my questions .. if I know what they need, I could get some referrals for them, or possibly point them to some talent scouts .... or at the least, try to get them a one-off audition .. that is if they can put up a full group and have some numbers going.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35164
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 20 Mar 2012 11:04 am

So you are soliciting business izzit? [-X

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 20 Mar 2012 11:08 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So you are soliciting business izzit? [-X


soliciting ? no ..

ah come on .. you should know me better .. when and where did I ever 'solicit' ??

as said, I was gonna see if they need some help, to refer them to people who can audition them, or refer those who could join them .. not for me to broker anything .. or be in the midst ..

If I was 'soliciting' I would have sms'd her directly .. and not posting here on the board and getting whacked by you ..

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35164
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:40 pm

If I had meant it, do you think I'd have used the term 'izzit'? :lol:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 20 Mar 2012 1:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If I had meant it, do you think I'd have used the term 'izzit'? :lol:


Shucks, the twitching finger got me all wrong ....

Your sense of humour got lost .. :)

Not that it matters, but of late, the biggest gripe of the local bands is the invasion of FTs .. not that it mattered before, but, with the new rules, more than a few bands are coming in under S Pass, to avoid the one year ban, which, per local bands, could be jobs to be given to local bands considering the base pay of S Pass .. ;) of course, the natives don't know about 'buy back schemes ... '

User avatar
poodlek
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 878
Joined: Mon, 10 May 2010
Location: Taipa, Macau
Contact:

Postby poodlek » Tue, 20 Mar 2012 4:57 pm

ecureilx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:If I had meant it, do you think I'd have used the term 'izzit'? :lol:


Shucks, the twitching finger got me all wrong ....

Your sense of humour got lost .. :)

Not that it matters, but of late, the biggest gripe of the local bands is the invasion of FTs .. not that it mattered before, but, with the new rules, more than a few bands are coming in under S Pass, to avoid the one year ban, which, per local bands, could be jobs to be given to local bands considering the base pay of S Pass .. ;) of course, the natives don't know about 'buy back schemes ... '


Maybe the locals should start practicing so they are more in demand over the terrible FTs? Just a thought... :wink:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 21 Mar 2012 9:04 am

poodlek wrote:Maybe the locals should start practicing so they are more in demand over the terrible FTs? Just a thought... :wink:


More than that .. years ago, for the cost of two locals, i.e. say Lead and Bass, you can have a full 6 piece foreign band .. and that cost covers accommodation and lodging too ... :)

Well, with the revised rules, since the Foreign bands are being engaged on S Pass, the disparity has reduced a lot .. until the local bands look worthwhile ..

User avatar
nutnut
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1853
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2011
Location: The Mainland....

Postby nutnut » Wed, 21 Mar 2012 9:46 am

All this chitter chatter Squirrel, it isn't helping Maria find band members is it?

Image
nutnut

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:00 am

nutnut wrote:All this chitter chatter Squirrel, it isn't helping Maria find band members is it?


Noted .. and, oh, well, I didn't start the drift ;)

oh, and Maria is MIA .. ;)

And my thoughts were a bit relevant, stemming from SMS's questions ..

PS: I used to moan about thread drifts and it is biting me in my ass now :P :P


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Sports & Recreational Partners & Team”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests