Singapore Expats

Latest MRT Breakdown

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Latest MRT Breakdown

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 9:18 am

SBS Transit CEO says sorry for NEL breakdown.

What the hell did they expect him to say? "We did it deliberately just to piss you off!"

Not ruling out sabotage. Now they are looking for scapegoats? Pathetic.

Just tell the public :shit:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:08 am

TRAIN OPERATOR ADMITS TRANSIT BREAKDOWN; ISSUES STATEMENT

Mr. Johnny Whatshisface released an official statement earlier today regarding the breakdown of the local transit line. During the press conference attended by various media groups, Mr. Whatshisface said, "Our bad."

He then exited the press hall and did not issue any further statements.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 1:17 pm

One of the more tedious things I have to deal with here is the way some people react to a problem, emergency, etc. Quite often everyone's total focus and energy goes into figuring out who can be blamed for the incident, rather than finding a solution and working to prevent the problem from reoccurring.

Not saying this applies everywhere, but I get mightily fed up when the first, second and third questions that get asked are basically "Whose fault is it?"
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 1:23 pm

Typical office politics here as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 1:34 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:One of the more tedious things I have to deal with here is the way some people react to a problem, emergency, etc. Quite often everyone's total focus and energy goes into figuring out who can be blamed for the incident, rather than finding a solution and working to prevent the problem from reoccurring.

Not saying this applies everywhere, but I get mightily fed up when the first, second and third questions that get asked are basically "Whose fault is it?"
So, so, so very true; it's all about saving face.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 17 Mar 2012 10:19 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:Not saying this applies everywhere, but I get mightily fed up when the first, second and third questions that get asked are basically "Whose fault is it?"
It does not apply everywhere. At my work is actually just opposite - I would be inclined to take action is some cases of gross negligence or plain stupidity but the management does nothing.
And what p*s me off with all sorts of public companies problems is this: "we are currently upgrading our system to serve you better. Sorry for inconvenience caused". So it is actually admirable if somebody admits to having a problem.

madaboutplastic
Regular
Regular

Post by madaboutplastic » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:36 am

the sudden jerk offs, the green signal blinking paya lebar when im at jurong, the bumpy ride that gives me piles....

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:40 am

Am I the only one who thinks that the trains transform into rodeo horses on tracks leading to Jurong East MRT Interchange?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:53 am

I usually get down at clementi but recently I went out to lakeside and yeah, the train bucks just like a mechanical bull like the one they used to have at the old Boots & Saddles club in Sembawang. I notice it getting that way between Dover heading to the Buona Vista interchange recently as well

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 1:44 pm

http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/2012/ ... d-weather/

Another one. Happened along East West line towards Joo Koon on Sunday afternoon/evening. The report said it was due to bad weather but when I was stuck in Buona Vista station, it was announced that it was due to track fault.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 2:55 pm

the lynx wrote:http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/2012/ ... d-weather/

Another one. Happened along East West line towards Joo Koon on Sunday afternoon/evening. The report said it was due to bad weather but when I was stuck in Buona Vista station, it was announced that it was due to track fault.
... and all those pesky foreigners of course :evil: .
Be careful what you wish for