Singapore Expats Forum

Success chance?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mrrobert

Success chance?

Postby mrrobert » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 3:18 pm

I am a local and have been married to my PRC wife for almost 2 years. I am turning 34 and my income last year was in excess of 72k. Few months ago, her PR application was rejected and i submitted and appeal letter clarifying a few issues and also, i addressed the issue of the absence of income from 3years ago (when i was actively involved in artistic work) until about 2years ago when I started a full time job. I stressed on the fact that my income had increased 2 fold every since then too. Recently, I received a letter from ICA requesting for my payslips and CPF contribution print out. Coinciding with my soon-to-be 2 years of marriage, should I see this as a good sign? Am I being too optimistic?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 3:41 pm

Nope, looks like a good sign to me. The fact is, they want to ensure you are still working and contributing to CPF and not going to go back to being a starving artist with her possibly becoming a ward of the state. Chances look good if they are asking more questions on appeal. Good luck.