Singapore Expats Forum

Can I apply PR without Annex A?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:56 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I was waiting for Mr. Bean to fall into the circle of light! :oops:

Ah haha, looks like my image of 'enlightened path' was misconstrued as Mr Bean's spotlight :P

conan5008

Postby conan5008 » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:45 am

I know I am just S Pass, and don't have really a good pay. I just want to try to apply. Before I start to work, I asked the employer about PR application. They said they will help to fill up but no guarantee will get PR. At that time, they didn't tell me that I need to work at least one year, they just want to fill up.
I passed Annex A to them two months ago, they also didn't tell me the condition they want. After I asked them many times, now just tell me they just fill up after I complete one year work. I know employer got their situation, but they can't be like that. I afraid they got another excuse after one year I worked. I afraid if I work many years in this company, they still don't want to fill up.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:49 am

Well since SMS already said that Annex A is optional then why do you still wanna hound after your employer?

And oh, in many areas in life, you can always have the attitude of "don't care, just do and see first la". But the government will remember EVERY application you submitted and rejected (even if it means over and over again). So if I were you, I don't want to be viewed by ICA as SPAMMER and wait quietly and patiently for 3 NOAs (which you probably have none at all) and then apply for PR with better percentage of success.

Think about it. I know where you are coming from.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:05 pm

If they told you after 1yr, no reason to think otherwise. Just wait until the year and ask again, bring the printed emails or something if you can. More time before applying will only help your chances.