Singapore Expats Forum

"Seeking Asian Female"

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 8:05 am

That's typical American humour though huh? In your face and laugh afterwards ;) :P :P :P
nutnut

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 10:35 am

Oh man, I'm going to have to find a new forum. I spent time here at work because it was one of the few WORK SAFE places I liked to browse. Now, I don't know how to explain to my coworkers why I'm laughing so hard... :)

I think the movie is an extreme and funny case. It definitely happens though, and I'm sure we've all seen plenty of couples here and elsewhere in Asia that look just like the two in the movie.

b) the US is maybe not the promised land where milk and honey flows...

Completely true. My wife tells me so many of her friends in Vietnam that have never left the country thinks everyone in the US is literally rich. Even in Singapore, they hear how the average family might make $5000/month, and they can only think about how rich they'd be in Vietnam on that money, and how everyone in Singapore must also be rich...

And thank god my wife is my age (and we're both young), otherwise I'm sure after seeing this movie half the US will think any asian wife marrying a white guy is just like this situation. :roll:

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 10:49 am

Trust me, where I come from, the girls dream of marrying white men, much to traditional parents' disdain. And yes, they think of USA as the land of flowing milk and honey, and MTV.