Singapore Expats Forum

Loyola University Chicago Alumni?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
rawksteadi

Loyola University Chicago Alumni?

Postby rawksteadi » Tue, 13 Mar 2012 5:24 pm

This is probably a stretch, but are there any Loyola University Chicago Alumni out there? Or any Chicago Universities for that matter? If so, would love to grab drinks and get nostalgic. (Class of 2007 here)

timosh

Postby timosh » Wed, 21 Mar 2012 3:43 pm

Not from Loyola, but not too far away and knew quite a few friends that attended both the high school and University. Graduated from Marquette in 2010. Would grab a drink or several sometime.

rawksteadi

Postby rawksteadi » Wed, 21 Mar 2012 3:57 pm

Wow small world. I know a few Marquette folks (other than D-Wade). You from IL or WI? here's my email: rawksteadi [at] gmail [dot] com we should meet up this weekend for several drinks.

MikeBarry

Postby MikeBarry » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 5:30 pm

Michigan State University here (class of 06) but I hail from Chicago. Just moved out here for a few months but will return to US to get my belongings in June to move here permanently.

Down to get together at some point if anyone wants to. I'll shoot you an email as well..
Looking to make new friends

zachpope

Postby zachpope » Fri, 30 Mar 2012 8:26 pm

University of Minnesota here, but I work(ed) in Milwaukee.

Midwest beer session?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Sat, 31 Mar 2012 7:17 pm

I didn't go to LUC, but had a few friends that did, and used to hang around on the beach there a LOT about 10 years ago :)

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Tue, 10 Apr 2012 5:22 pm

got friends went there back in Chicago,though i didnt study there.

itsajelly27

Postby itsajelly27 » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 2:42 pm

Ohio State grad, class of '08. Been here for about 8 months now and would love to grab a drink with some fellow Midwesterners.

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 4:55 pm

would be awesome if you're into indie music like me.

itsajelly27

Postby itsajelly27 » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 5:07 pm

AngelJoy wrote:would be awesome if you're into indie music like me.

I can't speak for the others, but I listen to it almost exclusively. What specifically are you into?

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 8:22 pm

itsajelly27 wrote:

I can't speak for the others, but I listen to it almost exclusively. What specifically are you into?

actually i listen to lots of stuff,not sure if you went to Laneway this year?I was doing interviews with bands at the media tent:)

the shins,cold war kids,wilco,the black keys,neon indian,pavement,clap your hands say yeah,toro y moi,washed out,girls,the cure,the smiths,jesus and mary chain,my bloody valentine,the pains of being pure at heart, jesse harris,delta spirit,patrick wolf,patrick watson, of montreal, kasabian, dom,speculator, yuck,pepper rabbit, save the clock tower,cameron mcgill&army, california wives, and lots of chicagoan local bands

and lots of lots of more!!

im a freelance music journalist.

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 8:22 pm

MikeBarry wrote:Michigan State University here (class of 06) but I hail from Chicago. Just moved out here for a few months but will return to US to get my belongings in June to move here permanently.

Down to get together at some point if anyone wants to. I'll shoot you an email as well..

Chicago's my kind of town!!hehe

itsajelly27

Postby itsajelly27 » Thu, 12 Apr 2012 2:31 pm

AngelJoy wrote:
itsajelly27 wrote:

actually i listen to lots of stuff,not sure if you went to Laneway this year?I was doing interviews with bands at the media tent:)

the shins,cold war kids,wilco,the black keys,neon indian,pavement,clap your hands say yeah,toro y moi,washed out,girls,the cure,the smiths,jesus and mary chain,my bloody valentine,the pains of being pure at heart, jesse harris,delta spirit,patrick wolf,patrick watson, of montreal, kasabian, dom,speculator, yuck,pepper rabbit, save the clock tower,cameron mcgill&army, california wives, and lots of chicagoan local bands

Haha, what is Laneway? I haven't really heard of any indie bands coming to Singapore (outside of The National in November and Los Campesinos last month). Any future events I should know about or places I should go to find out about them? Or any suggestions for good bars that play indie music?

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 1:32 am

itsajelly27 wrote:
AngelJoy wrote:
itsajelly27 wrote:

Haha, what is Laneway? I haven't really heard of any indie bands coming to Singapore (outside of The National in November and Los Campesinos last month). Any future events I should know about or places I should go to find out about them? Or any suggestions for good bars that play indie music?

my god how come you never heard of Laneway?
It was a more like a small version of Pitchfork,14 bands plaing on Feb 12th this year including the pains of being pure at heart,the horrors,girls,the drums,yuck,toro y moi,twin shadow,etc.

indie music bar?maybe home,but i barely go there for the past few months.
we may hang out sometime though:D

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Fri, 13 Apr 2012 10:17 am

and i was at The National and Los too!!
actually i did an interview with The National before the concert,they're one of my FAVES!!!