Singapore Expats Forum

Few questions about EP form

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kindred

Few questions about EP form

Postby kindred » Tue, 13 Mar 2012 5:27 am

Hi,

My company in the UK is letting me work in Singapore via their SG registered company. To ensure everything goes as smooth as possible I'm going over the EP form with them and have a few questions, if anyone can help :)

1) Passport sized photo - are UK passport photos the right size?

2) Applicant's Education - highest will be University and I have a copy of my certificate. Then I listed my A-Level education but I can't find a copy of those results - will that be an issue or is the University certificate enough?

3) Fixed vs Basic salary - MOM site wording confuses the hell of out me, they seem to suggest its the same thing (basically what I'd be paid each month excluding overtime, bonus etc).

4) Address where the duties will be performed - I'll be working from home, but obviously since I'm not there yet I won't have an address. What should be used here?

Thanks in advance!

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 13 Mar 2012 8:03 am

1) 35x45mm You can Google "Singapore passport photo size"

2) They might need it. Hard to say. If you don't provide it and they want it, you'll go into a "vetting" queue which can take a very long time. I'd contact your relevant educational department in the UK to get a copy.

3) Yes, basic salary before bonus/overtime.

4) You put the address of your company's registered address in Singapore.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Few questions about EP form

Postby the lynx » Tue, 13 Mar 2012 9:27 am

kindred wrote:Hi,

My company in the UK is letting me work in Singapore via their SG registered company. To ensure everything goes as smooth as possible I'm going over the EP form with them and have a few questions, if anyone can help :)

1) Passport sized photo - are UK passport photos the right size?

No. Refer to exact description of the Singapore sized, which is in fine print at the bottom of the page. http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/services-forms/passes/Photograph_specifications.pdf

2) Applicant's Education - highest will be University and I have a copy of my certificate. Then I listed my A-Level education but I can't find a copy of those results - will that be an issue or is the University certificate enough?

From my experience, the university certificate is enough. That matters the most anyway.

3) Fixed vs Basic salary - MOM site wording confuses the hell of out me, they seem to suggest its the same thing (basically what I'd be paid each month excluding overtime, bonus etc).

Check this MOM website for the guideline: http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/passes-visas/employment-pass/before-you-apply/Pages/fixed-monthly-salary.aspx

4) Address where the duties will be performed - I'll be working from home, but obviously since I'm not there yet I won't have an address. What should be used here?

Oh this is something I'm not familiar personally. Maybe others can help.

Thanks in advance!

I think most of your answers can be found in MOM website. Quite handy. Nevertheless, wishing you smooth transition to Singapore.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/Pages/default.aspx[/url]

kindred

Postby kindred » Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:08 pm

1) Thanks - its the same size as UK luckily, that will make it easier!

2) I've emailed my old college, but this was 15 years ago - not sure they would even have my records!

3/4) sounds good, thanks.

zzm9980 wrote:1) 35x45mm You can Google "Singapore passport photo size"

2) They might need it. Hard to say. If you don't provide it and they want it, you'll go into a "vetting" queue which can take a very long time. I'd contact your relevant educational department in the UK to get a copy.

3) Yes, basic salary before bonus/overtime.

4) You put the address of your company's registered address in Singapore.