Singapore Expats Forum

EP Appeal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
hendra_ahg

EP Appeal

Postby hendra_ahg » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 12:00 am

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, and would like to seek any advise from fellow forumer regarding my situation.

I have been working in SIngapore for the pass 3 years, and due to Company Restructuring I had to be laid off in short terms (like 3 days notice only!!!).

Right now, I got an offer from other company and they had applied EP Q1 for me.

And to my surprise it got rejected only in 1 day.

The company right now submitting an appeal for me, but it will take 1 month at least for the result. My question is, will it be possible for me to search for another job? To be honest I have several offer beside this company.

ANd if I take that other offer, and they apply EP for me, will it be any problem? Considering previous EP application is still pending appeal?

Thanks in advanced

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 7:02 am

If you have been rejected, you have been found wanting under the new criteria. You are not alone. Hopefully you have been reading the newspapers in the past 9 months to have an inkling of what is going on around you.

Secondly, new applications cannot be filed unless the appeal has been formally withdrawn. Unless you submitted new with the appeal, it was/is an exercise in futility as it will surely be nixed as well.

You have better start getting your affairs in order.......

sorry, but it doesn't look good. I've lost several via the restructuring gambit as well.

sms

hendra_ahg

Postby hendra_ahg » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 2:43 pm

thank you sms.

Yeah it's now quite hrd for EP eventhough you have been around quite sometime in singapore.

well i guess now praying is the only thing i can do