Singapore Expats Forum

PR Application - Question about Employment History

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
randomrockz

PR Application - Question about Employment History

Postby randomrockz » Thu, 08 Mar 2012 11:16 pm

Hello, I am planning to apply for PR and have a question about my employment history. I was working for a company in 2004 and it was just for a stint of 6 months. Since I didnt serve notice when I resigned, the service certificate says the reason for departure as Termination. Would this be an issue to the ICA if I submit this service certificate or should I just not include this experience on the form? However I have included this experience on the application of my current employer in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Mar 2012 12:19 am

They don't like unexplained gaps on your application. IN fact, I was questioned why I didn't put a part time job that I was doing at the same time as another job.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Re: PR Application - Question about Employment History

Postby revhappy » Fri, 09 Mar 2012 11:17 am

randomrockz wrote:Hello, I am planning to apply for PR and have a question about my employment history. I was working for a company in 2004 and it was just for a stint of 6 months. Since I didnt serve notice when I resigned, the service certificate says the reason for departure as Termination. Would this be an issue to the ICA if I submit this service certificate or should I just not include this experience on the form? However I have included this experience on the application of my current employer in Singapore.

If you current employer is ok with it, I dont see what issue ICA will have. Even if it was a real termination, ICA shouldnt really be bothered about it, as it was several years ago, if you were not good enough you would last this long. What matters is your current job credentials and your integrity. Go ahead and include it.

randomrockz

Postby randomrockz » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 12:18 pm

thanks SMS and revhappy, will include it on the form and gonna stay fingers crossed ;-)
Nobody gives it to you, you gotta take it!!!