Singapore Expats

Job agencies for Financial Services sector

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
jraja

Job agencies for Financial Services sector

Post by jraja » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 3:02 pm

Hi guys,

Can you help me please?

Can you name few good job agencies for jobs in Finance/Financial Services/Banking sector?

I've been trying to get hold of job agencies in the Finance/Financial Services/Banking sector. So far the response I got is that, unlike other countries (Australia, Europe), here you can't approach any job agencies to find a suitable job for you. Rather, you have to just submit your CV to their website and hope some vacancy they have will match your profile.

Appreciate if anyone can give me some insights into this.

Thanks

olivia242

Post by olivia242 » Fri, 09 Mar 2012 10:22 am

That's the way that it works over here and I am afraid that you will have to get used to it. Agencies do not find jobs for people, they find people for jobs.

In terms of agency, just about any of them will deal with banking sector jobs and there is no point me listing them here because my concept of a good agency will differ from everyone else. Just remember, any agent who says that they are interested in your well being is only paying you lip service. They are only interested in one thing, themselves.

You could upload your CV to Jobsdb and Jobstreet, they are aggregate sites and you will capture a lot of jobs there but be prepared to make a lot of applications before you succeed.

If you are not getting responses so far from your CV, you should look at its content. These people use matching programs so make sure that there are appropriate keywords in it that match the job you are looking for.

Try and use contacts if you have any, e.g. linkedin or your own personal network.

I get the feeling from your post that you may not be resident in Singapore and if that is the case, you will find it much harder to find something. Employers prefer local people, e.g. citizens and PRs because they are more accessible and don't require work permits. Don't forget that the days of expat packages are long gone unless you are very senior and have something that an employer really wants.

Above all, persevere and settle in for the ride. Good luck.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Fri, 09 Mar 2012 2:22 pm

And use Linkedin, it's very good!
nutnut

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Job agencies for Financial Services sector

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Apr 2012 8:44 pm

jraja wrote:Hi guys,

Can you help me please?

Can you name few good job agencies for jobs in Finance/Financial Services/Banking sector?
You want WHAT??????

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Job agencies for Financial Services sector

Post by intellectualsmuse » Tue, 01 May 2012 8:01 pm

jraja wrote:Hi guys,

Can you help me please?

I've been trying to get hold of job agencies in the Finance/Financial Services/Banking sector. So far the response I got is that, unlike other countries (Australia, Europe), here you can't approach any job agencies to find a suitable job for you. Rather, you have to just submit your CV to their website and hope some vacancy they have will match your profile.

Appreciate if anyone can give me some insights into this.

Thanks
No agencies I can think of but your best bet for Banking jobs would be www.efinancialcareers.sg
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.