SINGAPORE EXPATS FORUM
Singapore Expat Forum and Message Board for Expats in Singapore & Expatriates Relocating to Singapore
Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
- Posts: 8333
- Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
- Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Sergei82 wrote:I still can't get over the logic of softsofttofu. Here goes: in order to protect my family from my smoke I should make other families inhale it. Nice! I wish I could meet him somewhere in a dark alley...
A lot of smokers are willing to perform superhuman feats of mental gymnastics to justify their habit.
My colleague has used the following:
* there's a Japanese man who's in his 100's claims he smokes and drinks and attributes those to his longevity
* citing an obscure study mentioning there's no link between cancer and smoking
* saying cancer is due to genetics and if you don't have the genes, smoking won't lead to cancer
* saying smoking makes him more alert which makes him more productive at work
You get the idea.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests