Singapore Expats Forum

Singles Get Together

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
jhanshar

Singles Get Together

Postby jhanshar » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 12:30 pm

Hi- I am a single female- 34 looking for other singles to go out with on the weekends or for after work drinks. Have lots of friends here, but all married or attached.....think there must be a singles community out there somewhere- am I wrong?
New Singapore girl looking for some friends!

sweetgazebo
Regular
Regular

Re: Singles Get Together

Postby sweetgazebo » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 2:40 pm

Didn't you re-locate here with hubby back in 2008?

pardon me, just couldn't figure out your latest post on your statement on being single. :)

jhanshar wrote:Hi- I am a single female- 34 looking for other singles to go out with on the weekends or for after work drinks. Have lots of friends here, but all married or attached.....think there must be a singles community out there somewhere- am I wrong?

jhanshar wrote:Hi- I am brand new to Singapore, just relocated here Canada, my husband is working, I am not, so I have lots of time on my hands- looking for some friends to explore the city, chill for drinks/coffee or perhaps even a tennis partner, etc.
I love the outdoors/sports, love wine and of course, shopping.

Anyone interested in meeting up for a coffee or seeing some sights, I am wide open!

Don't have a cell phone quite yet....

Later,
Jen

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 5:38 pm

It would appear that maybe Jen had too much free time on her hands and might well have ended her marriage, or had it ended for her, doesn't it. :-k

Ijamescork

Postby Ijamescork » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 9:58 pm

I'm in a similar boat, just moved here from Ireland over a week ago, work people married mostly and I know maybe a small handful of people in work and no one yet outside work

After work and weekend pints sounds good yeah

Smoking_Gnu

Postby Smoking_Gnu » Sun, 04 Mar 2012 6:06 pm

Me too. Moved here with work last Monday. Know a few nice people through work and mutual friends but all attached. Am 36F, English. Fond of a drink ;-)

Would be great to meet up with other folk in the same boat. My email is sarahknapper@yahoo.com (also on FB).

S

jasbier

Postby jasbier » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:45 pm

lol... poor jhanshar, Jen revealed her secrets

jasminezhu

Postby jasminezhu » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 2:57 pm

Jen never shows up.,,,

Ijamescork

Postby Ijamescork » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 7:19 pm

Hey smoking gnu / Sarah

You fancy grabbing a beer so this weekend?

Smoking_Gnu

Postby Smoking_Gnu » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 7:54 pm

Hey James. Absolutely. Why not? It's Paddy's Day AND a Six Nations weekend. :D Bad luck against France the other night, btw.

Got your email so I'll send reply with my number tomorrow (can't remember it yet and left phone at work today like a big thicko....).

Cheers, S

Ijamescork

Postby Ijamescork » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 10:48 pm

Nay worries I left my charger in work today so my phones dead.
And then I emailed you from work address instead of my gmail one,. Pure mistake.. Gave away my secret identity ;) hahaha

And the 6nations Jeasus.. Was inside in the dubliner with a few other Irish randomers and drinking away thinking ah we've this possibly won so I'll celebrate with a few beers more then I'd planned drinking ...then to only draw felt like a loss.. With the hangover from hell then in work in the morning. Haha.. Yikes..

Anyways yeah talk to ya tomorrow

jhanshar

Postby jhanshar » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:58 pm

Alright, so everyone now knows my situation- thanks for highlighting....
Yes, I am totally keen to get together one night next week, let me know what works best and we can sort out a meeting place, preferably in Boat Quay area and do a few after work beverages....
New Singapore girl looking for some friends!

Smoking_Gnu

Postby Smoking_Gnu » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 12:33 pm

OK - we have a meet up for the Scotland - Ireland rugby game at 9pm (game starts at 11pm) this Saturday 10th March at Molly Malone's on Circular Road for anybody (single or otherwise) who wants to come for a nice Guinness.

jhanshar - not sure if this Saturday works for you, but happy to meet up next week too. Don't want to put my number on the forum but my email is further up (or add me on FB if you prefer) :wink:

S

Littlematchgal

Clubbing

Postby Littlematchgal » Thu, 08 Mar 2012 8:53 am

Hi to all,

If anyone is into clubbing mood, you might consider dropping me an email, littlematchgal@hotmail.sg
I am a 33yo female