Singapore Expats Forum

EP for 2nd Gen ex-PR, renounced by parents at age 13 in 2002

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 20 Mar 2012 7:16 am

revhappy wrote:Agree with that, but relative to most other countries this country keeps more promises than breaks and if there one country in this entire world that is least foreigner un-friendly, it has to be this. :) So I would imagine even if they err, they would err towards being lax at foreigners rather than the other way round ;)

Really ? The only difference I can see is they do it in more subtle way. Hence when they shaft something between your arse or stuff it right down your throat, you do not feel the pain coz it comes with the lubricant or a glass of water. At the end of the day, it will be so muddied that you cannot tell the difference.
It does not matter from Obama to David Cameron to Loong. All they is Power and Control
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

asdasd

Re:

Postby asdasd » Thu, 09 Jun 2016 10:22 pm

bjsabug89 wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:IMHO , I would not think so since at that given age you have already left SG

Thanks for the quick response. Kinda worried lately about the EP rejections I read in most of the posts in these forums.

I have spoken to MOM, ICA and CPMB.

MOM replied = as long as you meet the requirements, salary >3K and good degree qualifications ( I got 1st class hounours BSc (Hons) from University College London) and They don't deal with NS matters

ICA = ex-PRs can work and live in SG as long as meet the abovementioned items

CPMB = They said I am not liable for NS obligations as I renounced my PR status in the proper channels and when I was at a relatively young age.

BTW, sorry for the multiple posts. I'm new to these forums ( my 1st time actually). Just needed urgent and quick opinions from people.

Hi bjsabug89,

I renounced my PR when I was 18 in 2007. Now I'm applying for an EP and was rejected by CMPB.

May I ask when you mentioned that CMPB said you renounced your PR status in the proper channels, what did they mean by that? If you sort of know what the process was back in 2002 when you renounced your PR. Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: EP for 2nd Gen ex-PR, renounced by parents at age 13 in 2002

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 Jun 2016 10:54 pm

It would have been exactly the same as what you find in our threads on the subject here. In that respect nothing has changed.

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 09 Jun 2016 11:11 pm

Asdasd, no chance. You've truly burnt your bridges here. Go find a job somewhere else. IF they let you in the locals will quite rightly be rioting in the street over their sons being forced to do NS and I'll be manning the gallows when they string you up.

You were young and foolish to renounce PR without realizing it closes the door on Singapore forever - good luck in the future wherever you may go.
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!

asdasd

Postby asdasd » Fri, 10 Jun 2016 2:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It would have been exactly the same as what you find in our threads on the subject here. In that respect nothing has changed.

most probably true. thanks.

PNGMK wrote:Asdasd, no chance. You've truly burnt your bridges here. Go find a job somewhere else. IF they let you in the locals will quite rightly be rioting in the street over their sons being forced to do NS and I'll be manning the gallows when they string you up.

You were young and foolish to renounce PR without realizing it closes the door on Singapore forever - good luck in the future wherever you may go.

thanks for the wishes. i probably have indeed burnt my bridges. and you may be right about being young and foolish, but we all know that's only part of the story (think deeper).

for one i moved when i was 6 and i had a blue NRIC, if it was pink, i would say the locals have 100% right. we could also do a citizenship vs PR rights pros and cons then hash out the math to assess the damage. so if we're not keen on wasting time on bs, let's spare ourselves the mindless violence.

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Postby PNGMK » Fri, 10 Jun 2016 2:37 pm

asdasd wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:It would have been exactly the same as what you find in our threads on the subject here. In that respect nothing has changed.

most probably true. thanks.

PNGMK wrote:Asdasd, no chance. You've truly burnt your bridges here. Go find a job somewhere else. IF they let you in the locals will quite rightly be rioting in the street over their sons being forced to do NS and I'll be manning the gallows when they string you up.

thanks for the wishes. i probably have indeed burnt my bridges. and you may be right about being young and foolish, but we all know that's only part of the story (think deeper).

for one i moved when i was 6 and i had a blue NRIC, if it was pink, i would say the locals have 100% right. we could also do a citizenship vs PR rights pros and cons then hash out the math to assess the damage. so if we're not keen on wasting time on bs, let's spare ourselves the mindless violence.

I know it's your parents fault so go kick them and not us..... now where is my table for dead drop hanging vs weight... (PS how much do you weigh?). /sarcasm
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!