Singapore Expats

I'm North Indian Guy in love with Singaporean chinese girl

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
nethawk

I'm North Indian Guy in love with Singaporean chinese girl

Post by nethawk » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:57 pm

I'm 28 presently working for a US based company in Singapore, I was born and brought up in southern part of india to be precise in bangalore.

I'm a confident, very academic, humorous easy going guy but bit shy. I have lot of respect towards fair-sex (Women) listen and appreciate them in general, also I'm a teetotaler.

Although my parents were liberal, I wasn't very much involved in dating kind of stuff and instead concentrated fully on studies and passed out MS with Hons from reputed Univ, I got a good offer in bangalore immediately joined and unfortunately became a workaholic.

This month my company promoted and deputed me to work in singapore, I met my girl she is 26 singaporean very cute,caring, career oriented, hardworking and straight forward girl.
I was totally mesmerized by her, I used to chat with her on wide range of topics as she is so smart and well learned, My comfort levels are very good when I'm with her.Now I want to date and marry her.

I'm lil bit hesitant to talk about this and worry will she mistake me? or will she completely avoid me? because i do not want to lose her friendship either.

Before I ask her I would like to hear from singaporeans, can you help me with your views and suggestions? what do you people think about Indian-Chinese interracial relationship? will it be compatible?

Financially I'm in comfortable position in 120K plan and at last I'm virgin. :D

MOD NOTE: removed bold

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 3:25 am

You have Plan and reputed Master, but do you have your own scooter?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 8:54 am

What's up with the bold text? Emboldened? :mrgreen:

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 8:55 am

cool story, bro
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 9:09 am

OK on a serious note, you are funny - and crazy. There is not even a hint whether she has an inkling of mutual interest in you or not - and you already want to marry her?

Dude you're just gonna scare her off. And I'm saying this not because of the fact that both of you are of different race (to be honest, Chindian relationships are getting common around here but that's not what I'm touching on right now).

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 9:15 am

Dude, Marriage at this stage is a big no-no word, date a while longer and wait for her to bring up the marriage thing, there is plenty of time!

If it's the sex thing and marriage then just cross your legs for a while longer!

Good luck!

Like Lynx says, there are plenty of similar relationships in Singapore Indian-Chinese, so don't worry about that! :)
nutnut

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 9:25 am

This is a wind-up......

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 9:25 am

What's 120k plan?

And virgin? Nothing against it, but honestly here is what you need to do before you pursue this Singaporean any further. Take some of your money and go to OT or Brix at least once a week for the next two months. I guarantee you'll fall in love and want to marry at least one girl a week.
Then, look at how much money you spent during those two months. Consider that the Singaporean girl is going to cost you at least twice that that, but for the rest of your life. :D

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 9:28 am

the lynx wrote: (to be honest, Chindian relationships are getting common around here but that's not what I'm touching on right now).
Yes, this is true. I was surprised at first with how many cute locals I see with Indian guys when I first got here. Mostly because both Chinese and Indians tend to stick with own back in the US.

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 9:40 am

zzm9980 wrote:What's 120k plan?

And virgin? Nothing against it, but honestly here is what you need to do before you pursue this Singaporean any further. Take some of your money and go to OT or Brix at least once a week for the next two months. I guarantee you'll fall in love and want to marry at least one girl a week.
Then, look at how much money you spent during those two months. Consider that the Singaporean girl is going to cost you at least twice that that, but for the rest of your life. :D
OK this is funny but seriously, there is nothing wrong of being a virgin, and suggesting that (albeit the humour) only drives the wrong message.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 9:45 am

the lynx wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:What's 120k plan?

OK this is funny but seriously, there is nothing wrong of being a virgin, and suggesting that (albeit the humour) only drives the wrong message.
Yes, I didn't mean to suggest there was something wrong, apologies for that if I offend anyone.

I think my post can be better summarized to the OP as:

"You're living in Candy Land. Try a few samples to see what you like, before choosing the single candy to eat every day for the rest of your life. Especially if you've never tasted candy before."

And I don't mean you need to run around and sleep with a bunch of girls to do that. At least go meet a bunch of girls, talk to them, go for coffee, etc. If you're shy and not very social , try online dating. Not the pay stuff either. I know friends who have had awesome success with OkCupid.com, even in Singapore. It's more like a Facebook just for people looking to "meet new people" for friends or dating. Not lame like all of the pay-for crap you get spam for.

Also, the above suggestion can be used in parallel while still talking to your girl from work. Just make sure you don't cross the line from "friends" to "more than friends" with more than one girl at a time. I also know a friend who was in a very similar situation to you. He went from being the shy "28yr, old never had a girlfriend" to a complete player in about 6 months without realizing it. :)

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 9:57 am

Has OP checked if Mary Palmer was available?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 10:00 am

On second thought................

sweetgazebo
Regular
Regular

Re: I'm North Indian Guy in love with Singaporean chinese gi

Post by sweetgazebo » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 10:46 am

'North Indian Guy' but 'born and brought up in bangalore' .... I am more inclined to think this OP is either exaggerating his facts or just plain poking fun at other forumers here.
nethawk wrote:I'm 28 presently working for a US based company in Singapore, I was born and brought up in southern part of india to be precise in bangalore. ......

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: I'm North Indian Guy in love with Singaporean chinese gi

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 1:42 pm

sweetgazebo wrote:'North Indian Guy' but 'born and brought up in bangalore' .... I am more inclined to think this OP is either exaggerating his facts or just plain poking fun at other forumers here.
nethawk wrote:I'm 28 presently working for a US based company in Singapore, I was born and brought up in southern part of india to be precise in bangalore. ......

Or OP is somebody who believes the movies, where a 'handsome' and 'virile' and 'north indian' guy is a babe magnet .. :D

I seen a couple like that here .. who thinks, believes and swears that the natives all dying to be in bed with the macho man .. and others are spoiling the show !!