Singapore Expats Forum

Question for renewing re-entry permit

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Wesleywong

Question for renewing re-entry permit

Postby Wesleywong » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 7:39 pm

I have some inquiry regarding my Re-entry permit renewal and here is my situation:

My (REP) will be expired next year 2013 March and i'm under PTS scheme, i planning to renew it by october this year 2012 (which is 6 months before the expiration date) and now I am in a midst of accepting/considering offer by an foreign company which not register in Singapore.

However, this company allow me to work from home in Singapore. Only upon some special occasion then will need me to have a business trip there. Is there any restrictions to accept this kind of offer while I am more concern about my PR status here. As I have my HDB and family here.

I will continue to make CPF contribution (but after read thru forum here and it wont help). But if i accept this offer, mean from next month (April 2012) onwards to October 2012 i will be 7 months without employ by singapore register company, will it affect when due to expired?

For your info, i still working in current company (which is Singapore registered company) and i have Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years, as for 12 months CPF contribution only 5 months is contributed by Singapore company and the rest is contribute by me (let say if i accept the offer and start work in april 2012)

your advise is appreciate.