Singapore Expats Forum

Spouse PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
apalani

Spouse PR

Postby apalani » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 1:02 pm

Hi,

I am SPR, living here in singapore for the past 8 years, as an Engineer. And i have applied PR for my wife by Dec 2010, and have been waiting until now, still pending.

My wife has gone to india for 1st baby delivery May 2011, and now planning to bring her in two months.

1. Anybody waiting more than a year? (or) me only?
2. Since applicant out of coutry, how does it affect the out come of application?
3. What is the chance of getting approved/ Rejected?
4. Can you all share your experience / thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Arun

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Postby Mi Amigo » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 1:44 pm

Arun,

All these things have been discussed at length in many other threads. Your best bet would be to use the search function as a first step, and then come back with specific questions that you can't find answers for. Otherwise you may be in for a long wait, as the regulars get tired of answering the same questions over and over.
Be careful what you wish for

sujji

Re: Spouse PR

Postby sujji » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 7:57 pm

apalani wrote:Hi,

I am SPR, living here in singapore for the past 8 years, as an Engineer. And i have applied PR for my wife by Dec 2010, and have been waiting until now, still pending.

My wife has gone to india for 1st baby delivery May 2011, and now planning to bring her in two months.

1. Anybody waiting more than a year? (or) me only?
2. Since applicant out of coutry, how does it affect the out come of application?
3. What is the chance of getting approved/ Rejected?
4. Can you all share your experience / thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Hi Arun,

You are not alone my situation also like yours. I am SPR and applied PR for my wife on Dec 2010, application status is still pending. Now my wife is on her second long term social visit pass.

Siva

AndrewV
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AndrewV » Tue, 28 Feb 2012 2:07 pm

let me guess, main reason you want PR for your wife is so that you can buy an HDB?