Singapore Expats

tablet

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
RimBlock
Regular
Regular

Post by RimBlock » Wed, 14 Mar 2012 2:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:We are fine with it. I'm assuming it might be Hardware Zone?

Thanks,

Yep, have a look at Hardware Zone classifieds. Lots being sold there of various different types/manufacturers. I personally would stay away from the iPad 2 very cheep cheep it's not a fake/ripoff/con honest guv.

RB
Without dialogues, if you tell them you want something real bad, you will get it real bad.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 14 Mar 2012 7:30 pm

Yeah, I am aware of the hardwarezone classifieds. I missed some good deals over there but buying something 2nd hand for 500 with the retail, Courts or such price 100 more is not a really good deal for me. And I have rather strong aversion to Sony owning earlier a number of their high-end products, none of them still alive after a few years only. Sorry for being picky.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 14 Mar 2012 7:45 pm

Nak, do you have any hands on experience with these Archos tablets? Are they robust enough to survive really hard tapping fingers/thumbs of a two years old?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 14 Mar 2012 8:15 pm

x9200 wrote:Nak, do you have any hands on experience with these Archos tablets? Are they robust enough to survive really hard tapping fingers/thumbs of a two years old?
I was an early adopter so my Archos was a resistive-screen. I've also dropped it once and suffered a deformation in the plastic like soap does but not as bad. If we can assume they use the same plastic suppliers, that part should be ok. For their capacitive screens, however, I can't tell.

Here is a fan site/forum though: http://archosfans.com/ and Archos seems to have a cult following
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 14 Mar 2012 8:57 pm

Groupon had a deal for a 7" generic Android 4.0 tablet today. $188. Specs weren't bad for the price, and probably beat the Fire.

I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to post this, but if not, Mods please remove:

http://www.groupon.sg/deals/shopping/gr ... =715828071

[quote]Measures 189mm x 119mm x 12mm
Colour: White
Operating system: Android 4.0
Display screen: 7”

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”