Singapore Expats Forum

LTSVP for spouse of citizen

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
privateuly

LTSVP for spouse of citizen

Postby privateuly » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:31 pm

Hi,

My wife (who is a SG citizen) and I are US-based. We started a business there that is fairly successful and is now run by a manager. We have a lot of family in Singapore, so we would like to move to Singapore. What is the likelihood that she can successfully sponsor me for Long Term Social Visit Pass so I can stay in Singapore long term? She has not had much CPF contributions since she has been away all these years. She also doesn't have any Singapore-based income, but our income from our US business is more than enough to support our living cost.

And dare I ask if there is any possibility of me getting a PR through her?

Thank you.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: LTSVP for spouse of citizen

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 21 Feb 2012 3:11 am

privateuly wrote:Hi,

My wife (who is a SG citizen) and I are US-based. We started a business there that is fairly successful and is now run by a manager. We have a lot of family in Singapore, so we would like to move to Singapore. What is the likelihood that she can successfully sponsor me for Long Term Social Visit Pass so I can stay in Singapore long term? She has not had much CPF contributions since she has been away all these years. She also doesn't have any Singapore-based income, but our income from our US business is more than enough to support our living cost.

To apply for LTSVP your SG wife needs to have a min. income of $2.8K per month . Proof of abilities to support you.i.e saving, US income tax etc...

NO chance for the moment. You will be lucky to get 6 months to a year LTSVP for a first time applicant

Thank you.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

privateuly

Postby privateuly » Tue, 21 Feb 2012 9:29 am

Hi Mad Scientist,

Thank you for the info. One more question, if you don't mind: are the criteria for LTSVP renewal generally the same as those for the initial application? I am just wondering whether this is a good long term option for me, or whether they will just give me a one-time LTSVP with no renewal.

Thanks again!

Mad Scientist wrote:
privateuly wrote:Hi,

To apply for LTSVP your SG wife needs to have a min. income of $2.8K per month . Proof of abilities to support you.i.e saving, US income tax etc...

NO chance for the moment. You will be lucky to get 6 months to a year LTSVP for a first time applicant

Thank you.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:34 pm

Big gamble. There have been times (many times) that they only give 3 days. Long enough to pack your bags when they think you are abusing the system. Which is what you will be trying to do.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 21 Feb 2012 1:25 pm

privateuly wrote:And dare I ask if there is any possibility of me getting a PR through her?

Thank you.

Yes it is possible, been there, done it and got the t-shirt, but that was 4 years ago. I wouldn't say there's no chance at that momment as mentioned by MS as I know of a couple who were in the same situation as you who's husband was granted PR not long ago. A major factor is how long you've been married.