Singapore Expats Forum

Applying for PR with spouse holding student pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Tailender

Applying for PR with spouse holding student pass

Postby Tailender » Sat, 18 Feb 2012 8:29 pm

I have been working on P pass for quite a long time and my spouse is studying in one of the university here. Spouse is holding separate student pass. In which category should I apply for her PR? When I checked the ICA website she cant apply in the category mentioned under Form 4 (spouse/child) , as I''m not her sponsor. Im bit confused.What would be the right way for applying?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Applying for PR with spouse holding student pass

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 8:21 am

Tailender wrote:I have been working on P pass for quite a long time and my spouse is studying in one of the university here. Spouse is holding separate student pass. In which category should I apply for her PR? When I checked the ICA website she cant apply in the category mentioned under Form 4 (spouse/child) , as I''m not her sponsor. Im bit confused.What would be the right way for applying?

What is there to confuse? To be a sponsor for PR/ citizenship , you must be PR prior to the application. Since both of you are not , you apply on your own first first then on once you received your PR approval , you will sponsor her for PR . If she fails to get it upon completion of her study, she can apply for LTSVP . All this can only happen once your PR has been approved. Capisce?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!