Singapore Expats Forum

How is this possible??

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

How is this possible??

Postby poodlek » Thu, 16 Feb 2012 8:35 pm

My husband's HR department applied for his work pass and my and my son's dependent passes, and yet for some reason in order to renew they need to ask me to photocopy his passport and send in our FIN card numbers... do they just throw this stuff out when they're done with it? Why the heck don't they have it on file? Is this normal, or just straight up incompetence.

Of course it's not much trouble for me to provide it, it just makes me wonder...

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Postby Mi Amigo » Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:28 pm

They probably do still have the docs on file but I suspect it's just the standard 'following procedures rather than thinking' MO that we see a lot here. I gave up trying to fight it and just go with the flow now; whenever yet another copy of a document is requested I just hand it over. Although I did have to bite my lip to stop myself laughing when I handed in my PR application docs last year - I was told that the form was incomplete because I hadn't filled in the Gender boxes in the section for parents' details. Apparently it's not obvious enough that your father is male and your mother is female - you have to write it in the boxes to confirm that. :roll:
Last edited by Mi Amigo on Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:32 pm

I can understand the necessity for that.......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... o-son.html

:lol:

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Postby Mi Amigo » Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:35 pm

Interesting. But I somehow don't think they had that in mind when they designed the form.

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Postby poodlek » Sun, 19 Feb 2012 4:03 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:They probably do still have the docs on file but I suspect it's just the standard 'following procedures rather than thinking' MO that we see a lot here. I gave up trying to fight it and just go with the flow now; whenever yet another copy of a document is requested I just hand it over.

*sigh* It might be a little easier to take if it weren't for the regular pump-up sessions where they try to get everyone excited about what they're up to and constant reminders about how they're always on our side... If they're disorganized or incompetent or just plain don't give a $#!+ just own it and spare me the "I'm on it like a bonnet!" routine. ](*,)

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Postby Mi Amigo » Tue, 21 Feb 2012 2:53 pm

Bwahahaaa! HR department always on our side :lol:

Good one!

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Postby poodlek » Tue, 21 Feb 2012 4:29 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:Bwahahaaa! HR department always on our side :lol:

Good one!

They're so full of it their eyes are brown.

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Postby the lynx » Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:43 pm

Well I am pretty sure they have filed up the ones you have submitted before. It is just to make sure the details are as it is, just in case...

Note: You know how OC the locals are with details... :P "Confirm? Double confirm?" :lol:

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Postby poodlek » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 9:52 am

the lynx wrote:Well I am pretty sure they have filed up the ones you have submitted before. It is just to make sure the details are as it is, just in case...

Note: You know how OC the locals are with details... :P "Confirm? Double confirm?" :lol:

Sadly, they're all Aussie women in this dept. This is only the tip of the iceberg. They have been caught in numerous lies all relating back to the fact that they don't keep track of things but still want to look like they're doing a good job. Funny, they don't have these things on file, but they can manufacture a proof that work was done that never happened. Unless I'm in some kind of time warp/alternate reality here...