Singapore Expats Forum

Emirates Recruitment 2012

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
happyfatpig
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2012

Postby happyfatpig » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:25 pm

Hi,

I have no idea as well. Anyway, this was what I got in the email and hope this didn't come too late!

Dear Candidates,

Thank you for the interest in the Cabin Crew position Emirates Airline.

We received your online application and would like to invite you to Emirates Airline upcoming Open Day walk-in interview, jointly held by Sass Atlantic.

Information of the interview are as follows:
Date : 3 March 2012
Venue : M Hotel Singapore
81 Anson Road Singapore 079908
Time : Walk in anytime from 9:00am to 3:00pm
Remarks : Candidate must be able to read, write and speak in Mandarin, Cantonese, Malay or Vietnamese.

Should you have yet to fulfill the 6 months grace period since you last applied, you are required to inform us by replying to this email.
(Note: You are required to fulfill the 6 months grace period only if you have previously attended any Open Day/Assessment Day. The grace period will be 1 year if you have previously attended any Final Interview.)

Take note that you should be in smart casual attire and during the interview you are required to provide
- A print out of this email invitation;
- Your online App. No (refer to attached for guidelines to retrieve);
- An updated English CV;
- 2 passport size photographs;
- A full length (head to toe dressed in formal business attire, against a plain background) photograph.

To view all benefits and discover more about Emirates Cabin Crew opportunities, please visit: www.emiratesgroupcareers.com.

Best regards,

Cabin Crew Recruitment Team
Sass Atlantic Grp

dere
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 10 Feb 2012

Postby dere » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 12:46 am

happyfatpig wrote:Hi,

I have no idea as well. Anyway, this was what I got in the email and hope this didn't come too late!

Dear Candidates,

Thank you for the interest in the Cabin Crew position Emirates Airline.

We received your online application and would like to invite you to Emirates Airline upcoming Open Day walk-in interview, jointly held by Sass Atlantic.

Information of the interview are as follows:
Date : 3 March 2012
Venue : M Hotel Singapore
81 Anson Road Singapore 079908
Time : Walk in anytime from 9:00am to 3:00pm
Remarks : Candidate must be able to read, write and speak in Mandarin, Cantonese, Malay or Vietnamese.

Should you have yet to fulfill the 6 months grace period since you last applied, you are required to inform us by replying to this email.
(Note: You are required to fulfill the 6 months grace period only if you have previously attended any Open Day/Assessment Day. The grace period will be 1 year if you have previously attended any Final Interview.)

Take note that you should be in smart casual attire and during the interview you are required to provide
- A print out of this email invitation;
- Your online App. No (refer to attached for guidelines to retrieve);
- An updated English CV;
- 2 passport size photographs;
- A full length (head to toe dressed in formal business attire, against a plain background) photograph.

To view all benefits and discover more about Emirates Cabin Crew opportunities, please visit: www.emiratesgroupcareers.com.

Best regards,

Cabin Crew Recruitment Team
Sass Atlantic Grp


Oh... I guess that means that those without the invite cant go then.

happyfatpig
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2012

Postby happyfatpig » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 12:53 am

The email and web site says "Open Day walk-in interview" so you don't need the invite to attend the open day. :)

dere
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 10 Feb 2012

Postby dere » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 1:12 am

happyfatpig wrote:The email and web site says "Open Day walk-in interview" so you don't need the invite to attend the open day. :)


Mmm, but need to print out the invite, which I didnt receive.

weeweewee
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat, 11 Sep 2010

Postby weeweewee » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 1:23 am

dere wrote:
happyfatpig wrote:The email and web site says "Open Day walk-in interview" so you don't need the invite to attend the open day. :)


Mmm, but need to print out the invite, which I didnt receive.


ita open day, anyone can attend :)

you don't really need the invite

michelle.chng2585
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

2012 Interview

Postby michelle.chng2585 » Thu, 08 Mar 2012 11:46 am

Anyone knows when might be the next round of interview after the one in March cos i missed it >"<

fauzjay
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Location: Tampines
Contact:

Re: 2012 Interview

Postby fauzjay » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:56 am

michelle.chng2585 wrote:Anyone knows when might be the next round of interview after the one in March cos i missed it >"<


Yeah, anyone knows?? Im keen!

fauzjay
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Location: Tampines
Contact:

Re: 2012 Interview

Postby fauzjay » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 3:33 am

michelle.chng2585 wrote:Anyone knows when might be the next round of interview after the one in March cos i missed it >"<


Yeah, anyone knows?? Im keen!

singaporeexpat7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 16 Jul 2010

Postby singaporeexpat7 » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:44 pm

Blue collar low class job for uneducated and unprivileged people. I didn't know anyone would want to degrade themselves that badly. This is really extremely funny. :lol: :lol:

nivla83
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri, 15 Jun 2012

Postby nivla83 » Fri, 15 Jun 2012 4:18 pm

I just saw Emirates will be having another OD on 7 Jul. At first I thought I saw their AD stated on website on 28 Jul but is no longer there now.

Anyways, I already registered online now lacking of full-length photo. Must I still go for the OD since its for walk-ins (correct me if I'm wrong)?

elly13
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 26 Jul 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby elly13 » Tue, 19 Jun 2012 7:51 pm

Dear all

Do anyone of u knows how the recruitment process is like for Emirates OD and final assessment?

Do i need to register interest online first to get the invitation letter to go for the Open Day , or can i just walk-in freely on 7 July? :)

thanks!

8913yann
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 20 Jun 2012

Postby 8913yann » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 2:30 pm

Hello

You can walk in!
Previously when I tried, SASS atlantic will interview you for first round.
This round is like SQ's 10:1, you will be seated in one round with the interviewer in the middle, he will most likely throw you a discussion questions. This is not a debate [during my time] so dont have to be competitive, just be yourself and say what you feel about the question.
The interviewer might also tell you some facts or news about EK.

If you pass this one, you will be informed immediately on the day itself to come for the actual interview, this interview will be conducted by people from EK directly.

EK first round will be like 10:1 [if i'm not wrong] you have to introduce the person on your left, and then a question eg [most enjoyable holiday] will be posted to you and you have to answer that for the person on your right. Meaning, you will be chatting with the 2 beside you and introduce them.

You will be handled a slip that informs you congrats or thank you for trying after this round.

the 2nd round is english test. i think its 30 mins? to answer a few multiple choice questions + a short essay. this should be relatively easy as i remember all of us passing during my time.

the 3rd round is group discussion, you will be group into 6 i think? each group will go in 1 at a time. Some of my friends from other groups got situational questions like if you accidentally drop a glass of water on to the cmr, some got things like who's your favorite actress, etc
During this time, again this is not a competition, as such, it will be great if you help each other out, like my group tried to "throw the ball" to each other.
I also notice the interviews will look at how you speak and is scribbling notes when someone is speaking. I assume they are observing how we behave.

The slip of paper will be handed again, if you pass this, you will be brief on the final interview, there was several dates [like within 4 days i guess?] you can choose for your final interview. I like how EK gives you the freedom to choose and arrange your final interview. During the briefing you will also be given a link to do your 16PF test, this is the personality test.


The final interview is held at the sass atlantic office. during my time there was only 1 of the interviewer there [same lady from EK]
Have to be dressed formally, knee length skirt afterall DXB is a muslim country and dress code is impt so you dont offend people, so during this interview you have to be dressed appropriately.

Its a 1:1 and the lady will ask you several questions, personally I think these are standard interview questions to try to get to know more about you, everything you say will be recorded/summarized i guess, the lady was writing everything i said down. She also mention she has to send it back to DXB management for review. As I was working for a fairly famous IT related company, the interviewer was chatting and laughing and asking about the products in my co.

After that you wait for a call, i think it took about 3-4 weeks for me to get mine, I couldnt go in the end and have to forgo it due to some reasons.

EK's interview is a fantastic experience, the people are warmth and friendly, everyone is trying to help each other to get in. I think it reflects their working culture alot too. Its one of those interviews where you get home feeling you learnt something or got to know a buddy.

elly13
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 26 Jul 2010
Location: Singapore

emirates recruitment

Postby elly13 » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 3:24 pm

Thank you yann for your long explanation! :)
Do y'all know if the training in dubai has any basic allowance or all expenses we have to pay ourselves? :)

8913yann
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 20 Jun 2012

Re: emirates recruitment

Postby 8913yann » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 3:55 pm

elly13 wrote:Thank you yann for your long explanation! :)
Do y'all know if the training in dubai has any basic allowance or all expenses we have to pay ourselves? :)


Its based in dubai, they provide housing etc
basically during training you only get basic salary, which i cant rmb, i think once you start flying allowance will come in.

liangchendean
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed, 13 Jun 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby liangchendean » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 5:26 pm

any boys intend to go?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests