Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR Application rejected for aged parents of a SG Citizen !

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
voxies09
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 12:51 pm

Post by voxies09 » Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:08 am

unless the whole village are millionaire!.. then might have a chance

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3490
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 6:31 am
Location: TIMBUKTU

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 17 Feb 2012 3:27 am

voxies09 wrote:unless the whole village are millionaire!.. then might have a chance
Not just millionaire but at least SGD$ 5 million
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

SingaporeDon
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 8:51 pm

Post by SingaporeDon » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:14 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
voxies09 wrote:unless the whole village are millionaire!.. then might have a chance
Not just millionaire but at least SGD$ 5 million
S$ 10 million now under the MAS Financial Investor Scheme!
Amount doubled last year

hellind
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 1:53 pm

Post by hellind » Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:57 pm

Sorry to bring up and old threads.

To continue on this topic, what if the only sibling of the OP was married and holding a UK citizenship? In which case, the likely of the parent sponsoring their married daughter is less likely.

kookaburrah
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:28 am
Location: SG

Post by kookaburrah » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 2:21 pm

hellind wrote:Sorry to bring up and old threads.

To continue on this topic, what if the only sibling of the OP was married and holding a UK citizenship? In which case, the likely of the parent sponsoring their married daughter is less likely.
Maybe I am wrong, but show the aged parents to hold sizeable asstes / pension fund and things may change. One thing is to bring in two parents perfectly capable of paying their own way, another to bring parents whom you must support.

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4039
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 4:33 pm

This thread was started more than a year ago, when things were still a lot easier.

The OP must consider himself lucky that his aged parents atleast have LTSVP. In the current environment, I doubt they would have even got that.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 7557
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 4:38 pm

Considering Singapore is definitely not setting itself up as a retiree destination (as PI and Thailand are) you're damn lucky they weren't euthanized at Changi Airport on arrival.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 4:43 pm

PNGMK wrote:Considering Singapore is definitely not setting itself up as a retiree destination (as PI and Thailand are) you're damn lucky they weren't euthanized at Changi Airport on arrival.
damn .. slow down .. I spilled my coffee when I figured out your word of speech :D :D

nowhere
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 11:20 pm

Post by nowhere » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 10:55 pm

Can someone give these answers regarding Pr application for aged parents

1. If the child is single and citizen, how much salary he/she should have to be eligible to sponsor parents ?

2. From what age onwards is considered aged parent ?

3. What if the child is living in rented apartment ? Does having no house reduce the chances considerably ?

4. Does passive income earned by parents included in the application ? Does educational qual matter ?

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 11:52 pm

When you have looked at the visa application process at ica.gov.sg - what does it say?

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4039
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 12:03 am

nowhere wrote:Can someone give these answers regarding Pr application for aged parents

1. If the child is single and citizen, how much salary he/she should have to be eligible to sponsor parents ?

2. From what age onwards is considered aged parent ?

3. What if the child is living in rented apartment ? Does having no house reduce the chances considerably ?

4. Does passive income earned by parents included in the application ? Does educational qual matter ?

This is my best guess:

1. P1 level salary

2. Retired/non working

3. Absolutely

4. I doubt.

Also all the above factors are for LTSVP. PR for aged parents, fogged it!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 9:07 am

Wd40 wrote:1. P1 level salary
errr .. for parents of SC ? No, it is not cast in stone and again ,case by case basis is my best bet.
3. What if the child is living in rented apartment ? Does having no house reduce the chances considerably ?
Wd40 wrote:3. Absolutely
Really ? How so ?? where does it say so ? Again, what house would ICA prefer you own ? HDB or condo ??

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37447
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 9:09 am

Squirrel, WD40 did say it was only a guess. :wink:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 9:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Squirrel, WD40 did say it was only a guess. :wink:
Oh no.. I got my knickers in a twist Now :D :D

Yah, I know he was guessing ;)

But doesn't hurt to make the morning more interesting .. :D

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37447
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 9:30 am

:-k Don't you think we've already got enough crap going on in a couple of other threads to keep it interesting this morning? :devil:

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests