Singapore Expats

PR Application rejected for aged parents of a SG Citizen !

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bak_kwa
Regular
Regular

PR Application rejected for aged parents of a SG Citizen !

Post by bak_kwa » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:11 pm

Hi all :)

Recently, I received a letter from the ICA stating that my application spnsoring my aged parents for PR status was not being considered but they continue to stay on the Long term visit passes issued to them.

Can anybody here advise me whether I am allowed to re-apply / or appeal against the decision? What would be the best way to appraoch this issue in terms of eventually obtaining PR status for my parents?

Thanks in advance to all :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:23 pm

Do you have any other siblings who are not in Singapore? If so, that is probably the reason your parents were rejected.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bak_kwa
Regular
Regular

Post by bak_kwa » Wed, 15 Feb 2012 12:15 am

Thank you sundaymorningstaple :)

I have a sister who is married and living in India away from my parents. However, I am the only son and have taken the responsibility to take care of my parents.

Thats my situation at the moment. However, am I allowed to either re-apply or appeal against the decision ? What elase can I do to ensure I am able to successfully apply for PR for my parents ?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 15 Feb 2012 1:00 am

bak_kwa wrote:Thank you sundaymorningstaple :)

I have a sister who is married and living in India away from my parents. However, I am the only son and have taken the responsibility to take care of my parents.

Thats my situation at the moment. However, am I allowed to either re-apply or appeal against the decision ? What elase can I do to ensure I am able to successfully apply for PR for my parents ?

There is no benefit to SG Gahmen for giving PR to your aged parent. In fact it will be a burden on the health system. It is hard but this is a fact
Thus ICA reply that they can stay under LTSVP. You cannot reapply as this is a dead end for your parents application
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 15 Feb 2012 6:49 am

I am afraid that MS has nailed it. There is also the knock on effect as well. Long Term Visit Pass is about as far as you are going to get. Reapplying with the same information will not do anything whatsoever.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bak_kwa
Regular
Regular

Post by bak_kwa » Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:23 am

OK...Understand

But I am unable to understand that why does ICA encourage SG Citizens to apply for PR, under the category "Aged parents of a SG Citizen" when what you have said is true ?

In fact, while applying for PR, I notice that the application form is different from the regular PR apllication category. It is a simple 4 page form to be filled up ?

I also took note of what SMS wrote in his response that nothing's gonna change if the same information goes if i re-apply. What kind of changes in the information provided would ICA like to see in order to enable them to re-consider their decision?....curious to know.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:34 am

If ICA told us that, then they would received tailor-made applications wouldn't they. We do know, however, that applications or appeals made with the submission of the same information does not fly. It just aggravates them. What is relevant new information? Good question. The interpretation of the criteria changes periodically so as to be in line with the current direction of the government. Even if you meet ALL the criteria, that still doesn't mean you will be successful. The criteria is just a guideline, not an assurance of success if you meet it.

At least they are allowing you LTVP's. They don't have to do even that. You should be thankful.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 15 Feb 2012 12:13 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:...
At least they are allowing you LTVP's. They don't have to do even that. You should be thankful.
Cruel, but true ..

A friend applied LTVP for his mother and wife + kid

wife + kid got 1 year LTVP

Mother got 5 years ... and when He asked ICA if he can get the mother on PR, the answer had been evasive and hinted towards 'what benefit will she have on PR vs LTVP' ...

I could infer nothing and my friend said the same .. he was thankful the aged mother got LTVP .. :)

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 15 Feb 2012 5:28 pm

bak_kwa wrote:OK...Understand

But I am unable to understand that why does ICA encourage SG Citizens to apply for PR, under the category "Aged parents of a SG Citizen" when what you have said is true ?

This my friend is called selective process. You cast a wider net and try to select the best of the lot.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

voxies09

Post by voxies09 » Thu, 16 Feb 2012 5:19 pm

aged parent holding LTSVP must try to get health insurance; without it will be very expensive..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 16 Feb 2012 6:13 pm

voxies09 wrote:aged parent holding LTSVP must try to get health insurance; without it will be very expensive..
Yes, for aged people, while insurance is higher, it is worth it !!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 16 Feb 2012 7:05 pm

Why is LTVP not good enough for them?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Feb 2012 9:31 pm

JR8 wrote:Why is LTVP not good enough for them?
That's an easy one. Goes back to my early response. They cannot sponsor all the family siblings while on LTVP. The son cannot sponsor siblings but the parents can...... :cool:

ICA is already wise to that crap. :lol:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 16 Feb 2012 9:33 pm

Oh so you mean the OP is trying to bring in his whole village, and ICA are wise to this trick?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Feb 2012 9:45 pm

ICA's been burned before.