Singapore Expats

PR Application rejected for aged parents of a SG Citizen !

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 2:31 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Wd40 wrote:1. P1 level salary
errr .. for parents of SC ? No, it is not cast in stone and again ,case by case basis is my best bet.
3. What if the child is living in rented apartment ? Does having no house reduce the chances considerably ?
Wd40 wrote:3. Absolutely
Really ? How so ?? where does it say so ? Again, what house would ICA prefer you own ? HDB or condo ??
Well, even though they are parents of SC, the fact that parents are foreigners means the person is a converted SC and not a born SC. The person may have met certain criteria for his conversion from Foreigner->PR->SC. But having his parents go that route, i.e. Foreigner->PR/LTSVP, I would imagine him "now" being an SC wouldn't make so much of a difference.

I mean, imagine how tough it is for a born SC to marry a foreigner and get LTSVP or PR for the spouse? Now for a converted SC to sponsor parents too would be much much tougher, I would imagine.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 3:22 pm

So you are guessing again? [-X
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nowhere

Post by nowhere » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:36 pm

Thanks Wd40. My gut feeling was the same guesses that you wrote. Indeed salary and house might be a huge factor.
Since a citizen is sponsoring, it mean he/she has adequate money to "sponsor" someone. And that is tied to the salary ( and of course expenses). And if the person is in rented apartment, it means parent have to live with him or pay extra depending on the housing contract. So it will boil down to whether financially the person is well off or not.