Singapore Expats Forum

Please answer me

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jameelbaaz

Please answer me

Postby jameelbaaz » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 9:01 am

Hi everyone

I am confused I applied my PR in Aug 2011, I got rejected in FEB 2012 I got letter & I saw the rejection on ienquiry also. I was upset but while browsing I went again to ienquiry surprised to Pending again I never appeal but yes just week before my rejection I send ICA my updated salary and change of Address .

I Called ICA they say it is rejected. I told them everthing they say to appeal against rejection but still the outcome is pending in ienquiry I dont understand here . whether after my salary update they have considered or system is wrongly upadted please comment on this

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 9:16 am

You need to Call ICA and only they can advise you on this.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 9:17 am

ICA reserves the right to reject you and NOT tell you why.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 9:21 am

If we're unlucky it might show approved.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Please answer me

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 9:31 am

jameelbaaz wrote:Hi everyone

I am confused I applied my PR in Aug 2011, I got rejected in FEB 2012 I got letter & I saw the rejection on ienquiry also. I was upset but while browsing I went again to ienquiry surprised to Pending again I never appeal but yes just week before my rejection I send ICA my updated salary and change of Address .

I Called ICA they say it is rejected. I told them everthing they say to appeal against rejection but still the outcome is pending in ienquiry I dont understand here . whether after my salary update they have considered or system is wrongly upadted please comment on this

Consider the letter and what ICA told you authorative. My online PEP application showed "pending" even a week after I received the approval in the mail.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Re: Please answer me

Postby Mi Amigo » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 3:28 pm

jameelbaaz wrote:I went again to ienquiry surprised to Pending again I never appeal but yes just week before my rejection I send ICA my updated salary and change of Address.

I would hazard a guess that the reason the status went back to Pending was that you supplied new information which needed to be assessed. But it seems clear that you were rejected after the new salary details had been reviewed. So, as has been suggested above, you will need to take that as the definitive situation now. If you search this forum you will see that the chances of a successful appeal depend on whether there are new factors that improve your credentials (more time in working Singapore, new job, etc.). So I think the general advice would be to work on that and then re-apply after a year or two, rather than potentially irritate the ICA with an appeal now. I suspect the only reason it was mentioned to you was just that you are within your rights to appeal, but as I say, your chances would probably be very slim.
Be careful what you wish for