Singapore Expats Forum

Comparison of crew salaries

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
luohan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue, 07 Feb 2012

Comparison of crew salaries

Postby luohan » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 2:57 am

Tiger <2k
Jetstar <2k
Scoot 2.2k
Silkair 2.4k?
Qatar 2.7k?
Emirates 2.7 - 3k?
JAL 2.7 - 3k?
China airlines ???
Ethihad ???
Finnair ???
Cathay <3k?
BA 3k
SQ 3.5k
Private Jet ave. 5k

Can anybody help fill in the blanks or correct me if I'm wrong?

pink petals
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007

Postby pink petals » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 7:34 pm

i thought Qatar, Emirates and SQ cabin crews earn more than that? and JAL not that much.

but then maybe things changed the last few years.

no name
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon, 21 Jun 2010

Postby no name » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 8:50 pm

your stats are bad. so inaccurate.

luohan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue, 07 Feb 2012

Postby luohan » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 2:21 am

My estimates are based on current exchange rates, new contracts, and are generally on the conservative side. Many airlines used to pay better but things changed quite a bit over the past few years.

Allowances during layovers contribute to quite a bulk of the pay, and since SGD has gotten stronger and USD and EURO has weakened considerably, I imagine the PerDiem "saved and brought home" by the crew would be much lesser.

Emirates used to pay in USD a few years ago, but no longer. Hence the lower salary when converted to SGD.

GB pound is so weak now hence lower pay for BA crew I guess. Even their recent ad stated $36k per annum.

I guess all crew salaries are plus/minus $200-300 a month. And don't forget crew are required to clear leave, so that's roughly 20 plus days (nearly a month) NOT flying, meaning there'll be one month in year when you'll be taking home only basic pay (which is v often something like $800)...

weeweewee
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat, 11 Sep 2010

Postby weeweewee » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 9:33 pm

i always thought EK, Qatar and SQ earns the most, lol, but yes, things changes :)

but yah, the basic salary is low, think around $1.1k-$1.3k for SQ and $500-$600 for BA. most bulk of the salary comes from allowance.

shiniestar
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun, 17 Feb 2008

Postby shiniestar » Sun, 19 Feb 2012 3:14 pm

no name wrote:your stats are bad. so inaccurate.


then why not you share what you know??

shiniestar
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun, 17 Feb 2008

Postby shiniestar » Sun, 19 Feb 2012 3:16 pm

weeweewee wrote:i always thought EK, Qatar and SQ earns the most, lol, but yes, things changes :)

but yah, the basic salary is low, think around $1.1k-$1.3k for SQ and $500-$600 for BA. most bulk of the salary comes from allowance.


wow.. ba is half of sq??
then how ba come to 3k a month like what luohan stated up there??

weeweewee
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat, 11 Sep 2010

Postby weeweewee » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:59 am

shiniestar wrote:
weeweewee wrote:i always thought EK, Qatar and SQ earns the most, lol, but yes, things changes :)

but yah, the basic salary is low, think around $1.1k-$1.3k for SQ and $500-$600 for BA. most bulk of the salary comes from allowance.


wow.. ba is half of sq??
then how ba come to 3k a month like what luohan stated up there??


lol, i am not sure how much BA crew earn in a month. maybe the basic salary increase or the allowances are a lot.

the $500-$600 basic salary is what said during the BA interview back in 2008. my ex-colleague who got shortlisted for the intv told me.

MabelSoe
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed, 18 Jan 2012

Postby MabelSoe » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 1:55 am

Shall reserve comments for other airlines but the stated amount for SQ is really low for SQ. Even with the slow economy and changes in meal allowance, I don't know any SQ crew getting that amount only. Oh well, since you say you are being conservative, maybe there are some unlucky crew getting really lousy rosters.

Something to note though is that when crew talk about pay, they often mention the net take home excluding the employee CPF contribution portion. Whereas, when most people talk about pay in private sector, they talk are talking about a sum that includes the CPF portions. For example, a young executive who says his pay is 3k is often taking home 2.4k net only. This is of course only relevant to Sg & Sg PR crew.
my blog on becoming a cabin crew: www.siacabincrew.blogspot.com

alealejandro
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed, 28 Jul 2010

Postby alealejandro » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 4:36 am

Tiger 2.2k (100 hrs)
Jetstar Asia 2k (100 hrs)
Jetstar Intl 2.4k (Ave)
Scoot 2.7k (Average, as per cabin crew agency)
Silkair 2.6k
Qatar 3k+
Emirates 3k+
JAL 3k+
China Airlines (Long time they closed their SIN base, pls dun give wrong info)
Etihad 3k+
Finnair ???
Cathay <3k
BA 3k+
SQ 3k+
Private Jet 4k+



This should be more like it! Even if you ask your frens... hehehe

singaporeexpat7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 16 Jul 2010

Postby singaporeexpat7 » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:30 pm

MabelSoe wrote:Something to note though is that when crew talk about pay, they often mention the net take home excluding the employee CPF contribution portion. Whereas, when most people talk about pay in private sector, they talk are talking about a sum that includes the CPF portions. For example, a young executive who says his pay is 3k is often taking home 2.4k net only. This is of course only relevant to Sg & Sg PR crew.


That's because professionals and white collar employees receive our 17% cpf employer contribution on our full salary, unlike you. What's your cpf contribution? Probably on a pathetic figure like your sad $1k salary. Not to mention our bonuses, which come in double to triple digits, make yours look like a joke. Even if you had 4 month bonus, what is it in total, $4k? Lol not even 1 month salary of professionals, which is very amusing indeed. I must remind you that our bonuses get further 17% cpf contribution.

This is WHY, professionals (who don't just work in the private sector, stupid) refer to our gross income. Gettit?

There are Singaporean air servers based in Dubai who receive no CPF at all, since they are hired as foreign nationals. Those pathetic fools are the saddest, after rotting in a sandpit for years return with basically nothing but air and sand in their cpf accounts, not even enough to get a subsidized government flat.

An air server job is one undertaken by the most uneducated and unprivileged rung of society. True enough the compensation reflects so.
Last edited by singaporeexpat7 on Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeexpat7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 16 Jul 2010

Postby singaporeexpat7 » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:37 pm

Refer to
http://www.cabincrew.com/forums/emirates-salary/36625/1

The air server testified "most of" her grade 2 friends (indicating sample size) receive around 8,000 aed ( median, and not a range).

8,000 aed IS S$2.7k. All inclusive.


alealejandro wrote:Tiger 2.2k (100 hrs)
Jetstar Asia 2k (100 hrs)
Jetstar Intl 2.4k (Ave)
Scoot 2.7k (Average, as per cabin crew agency)
Silkair 2.6k
Qatar 3k+
Emirates 3k+
JAL 3k+
China Airlines (Long time they closed their SIN base, pls dun give wrong info)
Etihad 3k+
Finnair ???
Cathay <3k
BA 3k+
SQ 3k+
Private Jet 4k+



This should be more like it! Even if you ask your frens... hehehe

walawe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 11 Oct 2008

Postby walawe » Sat, 21 Apr 2012 12:44 am

singaporeexpat7 wrote:That's because professionals and white collar employees receive our 17% cpf employer contribution on our full salary, unlike you. What's your cpf contribution? Probably on a pathetic figure like your sad $1k salary. Not to mention our bonuses, which come in double to triple digits, make yours look like a joke. Even if you had 4 month bonus, what is it in total, $4k? Lol not even 1 month salary of professionals, which is very amusing indeed. I must remind you that our bonuses get further 17% cpf contribution.

This is WHY, professionals (who don't just work in the private sector, stupid) refer to our gross income. Gettit?

There are Singaporean air servers based in Dubai who receive no CPF at all, since they are hired as foreign nationals. Those pathetic fools are the saddest, after rotting in a sandpit for years return with basically nothing but air and sand in their cpf accounts, not even enough to get a subsidized government flat.

An air server job is one undertaken by the most uneducated and unprivileged rung of society. True enough the compensation reflects so.



You are dumbest assh*le in this forum!

Those who works in Dubai are Singaporean professionals, I'm not really sure if you are, dumb stinky shit!

I'd rather be an air server than to be an air idiot like you singaporeexpat7. It's the experience that counts and how they become the human they are.
And you have also become the animal that you are singaporeexpat7dumbfart, for making people's lives like hell!

MabelSoe is just sharing her opinion, you lame b#stard!

You are the pathetic fool who has nothing to do in life but to scratch your tiny balls at home and reply on forums like this!
Last edited by walawe on Sat, 21 Apr 2012 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

walawe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 11 Oct 2008

Postby walawe » Sat, 21 Apr 2012 12:46 am

singaporeexpat7 wrote:Refer to
http://www.cabincrew.com/forums/emirates-salary/36625/1

The air server testified "most of" her grade 2 friends (indicating sample size) receive around 8,000 aed ( median, and not a range).

8,000 aed IS S$2.7k. All inclusive.





Wah your source like gossip one har??? You uneducated piece of pangsai

singaporeexpat7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 16 Jul 2010

Postby singaporeexpat7 » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 2:04 pm

walawe wrote:
singaporeexpat7 wrote:Refer to
http://www.cabincrew.com/forums/emirates-salary/36625/1

The air server testified "most of" her grade 2 friends (indicating sample size) receive around 8,000 aed ( median, and not a range).

8,000 aed IS S$2.7k. All inclusive.





Wah your source like gossip one har??? You uneducated piece of pangsai


Hahahah you're so pathetic, look at you protesting in denial because the truth is too painful for you. Those figures are given by actual air waitresses who are already in the job there. Are you doing the job there now? You're even more pathetic. They are pathetic enough. You are in denial about their sad state because you actually aspire to be a loser like them. Look at their sad little salaries posted all over the internet. :shock: :shock: Hhahaha


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests