Singapore Expats

Caterer of Indian food

Events and gatherings of MBA - Members Of Bhartiya Association
Pinktulips

Caterer of Indian food

Post by Pinktulips » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 4:19 pm

I'm looking for recommendations for a good caterer serving Indin food for a birthday party. Any suggestions, pls?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 5:22 pm

Right now I cannot remember who was the one my friends and I engaged for a party but we got it from Little India.

Maybe you can scout around Little India. Some of the restaurants have signs that say that they also offer catering services.

Bargaining should not be a problem over there :wink:

Pinktulips

Post by Pinktulips » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 6:16 pm

Hmm...thanks will try that...though was looking for some specific names as well...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 7:56 pm

I cannot recommed INDIN Food, but, for Indian food, veg and non-veg, Lynx is right .. almost everybody does catering ..

Of course, is asked, I would always recommend Gayatri .. :) Not too spicy ..

And veg meals too, you will be spoilt for choices .. from Komalas, to Anantha Bhavan to .. Saravana Bavan and more ..

If you wanna to do some charity in the process, look up Annalakshmi .. the proceed support a few charity .. including the Temple of fine arts

http://www.annalakshmi.com.sg/index_files/Catering.htm

I am not affiliated to any of them :)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 9:09 pm

ecureilx wrote:I cannot recommed INDIN Food, but, for Indian food, veg and non-veg, Lynx is right .. almost everybody does catering ..

Of course, is asked, I would always recommend Gayatri .. :) Not too spicy ..

And veg meals too, you will be spoilt for choices .. from Komalas, to Anantha Bhavan to .. Saravana Bavan and more ..

If you wanna to do some charity in the process, look up Annalakshmi .. the proceed support a few charity .. including the Temple of fine arts

http://www.annalakshmi.com.sg/index_files/Catering.htm

I am not affiliated to any of them :)
Oh yes I remembered the name! It is Ananda Bhavan. We had vegetarian food catered and it was good. Forgot the price though but we were happy with the food! :)

You can check out the website. But I'd prefer to drop by there and ask to see for myself. If you are lucky, they let you try some of their dishes for free.

http://www.anandabhavan.com/

Pinktulips

Post by Pinktulips » Tue, 07 Feb 2012 7:51 am

Thanks

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 07 Feb 2012 8:39 am

We went to a party and they used Riverwalk Tandoori, it was nice. I suppose it depends on what you want! :)
nutnut

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 07 Feb 2012 9:11 am

and I am still waiting for our active Mod to call in 'foul' for promoting places :D

nutnut: yes, Riverwalk Tandoor do catering as well. and their in-house buffet is a real worthy deal if you are into north indian food .. !!!

... and .. and I am still waiting for our Mods to call in 'foul' ...

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 07 Feb 2012 9:21 am

I was waiting to see if a newbie 1 post wonder comes in and posts a place, there is no issue with this kind of regular people recommending places they have used or seen used, it's what the forum is for right?
nutnut

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 07 Feb 2012 9:24 am

nutnut wrote:I was waiting to see if a newbie 1 post wonder comes in and posts a place, there is no issue with this kind of regular people recommending places they have used or seen used, it's what the forum is for right?
I beg to disagree, your honor

Anyway, on a serious note, I hope the OP has some idea of Indian food.

My colleague reminded me to tell the OP to avoid Andhra food, if the guests are not fond of spicy stuff .. and he meant the spicy stuff that is virtually full of chilly or black pepper ..

Ah, I must start my dinner plans now .. seems a visit to Little india is due . :)

Simply Aravind

Try Khansama

Post by Simply Aravind » Wed, 08 Feb 2012 9:07 pm

Its good, Khansama tandoori village.

http://www.khansama.net, Try it

Pinktulips

Post by Pinktulips » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 11:54 am

Thanks, I have tried food at Khansama. It's good but way too spicy!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 12:00 pm

Pinktulips wrote:Thanks, I have tried food at Khansama. It's good but way too spicy!
wait, Simply Aravind will come back saying "they can make a non-spicy version .. " :D :D

As I said, you need to identify the food that meets your guests before deciding on who

Generally speaking, veg meals are rarely spicy ..

Simply Aravind

Post by Simply Aravind » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 2:29 pm

Well, They make non spicy versions too, you can tell them while ordering.. :) . If not try www.brindas.com.sg , They dont make spicy

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 3:42 pm

Simply Aravind wrote:Well, They make non spicy versions too, you can tell them while ordering.. :) . If not try www.brindas.com.sg , They dont make spicy
and this is where I disagree with you .. in subtle ways ..

While I like Brindas, the food there is a bit 'localised' if you know what I mean .. and Mr Veera is also 'localised' :D :D