Singapore Expats Forum

BA recruitent 2012

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
flyhigh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 11 Feb 2011
Location: singapore

Postby flyhigh » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 1:43 pm

yup agree with nicholas. I'm not sure abt the next round though.. dont think there's anymore language test..

Ohmy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 01 Mar 2012

Postby Ohmy » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 8:46 pm

Read from the older BA threads, it will be in groups whereby a topic will be assigned and to be discussed in groups. Then there will be some simple maths test like time zone, currency conversions. There will also be a sharing by CC and kind of like a "tea party". Not sure if its still the same... :shock: :shock:

pink petals
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007

Postby pink petals » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 1:18 am

congrats to everyone who got in! :)

i think they finished calling. don't think will need more than 2 days to call up the selected candidates.

i think there are only 2 sessions for round 2, 1 on 14 and 1 on 15 mar, so not much calling needs to be done.

disappointed, but oh well, maybe i am just not fated to be CC.

michelle.chng2585
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

BA recruitment 2012

Postby michelle.chng2585 » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 2:17 am

I just applied for BA Mixed Flight FA online and got asked for the interview. Anyone knows if this would be happening in SIngapore? Did anyone apply for it online?


Ref. UKLHR1577, Mixed Fleet Cabin Crew.

ecinaj85
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 10 Mar 2012

Postby ecinaj85 » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 9:37 pm

Hi all, anyone gg the 2pm, 15th Mar slot? :D

michelle.chng2585
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby michelle.chng2585 » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 10:25 pm

ecinaj85 wrote:Hi all, anyone gg the 2pm, 15th Mar slot? :D


Did u apply online also? Is your reference number UKLHR1577?

autumn-winter
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri, 27 Nov 2009

Re: BA recruitment 2012

Postby autumn-winter » Sun, 11 Mar 2012 2:50 pm

michelle.chng2585 wrote:I just applied for BA Mixed Flight FA online and got asked for the interview. Anyone knows if this would be happening in SIngapore? Did anyone apply for it online?


Ref. UKLHR1577, Mixed Fleet Cabin Crew.



Hi michelle!

U applied for mixed fleet?
I always thought it was only for UK citizens so didnt apply for that. But i think u would be based in london for that rite?

Those 15march interviews are second round seasions for sin-based crew

michelle.chng2585
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: BA recruitment 2012

Postby michelle.chng2585 » Sun, 11 Mar 2012 7:23 pm

autumn-winter wrote:
michelle.chng2585 wrote:I just applied for BA Mixed Flight FA online and got asked for the interview. Anyone knows if this would be happening in SIngapore? Did anyone apply for it online?


Ref. UKLHR1577, Mixed Fleet Cabin Crew.



Hi michelle!

U applied for mixed fleet?
I always thought it was only for UK citizens so didnt apply for that. But i think u would be based in london for that rite?

Those 15march interviews are second round seasions for sin-based crew


Yup I applied for mixed fleet. Apparently I think they take people of various nations but have to be based in London. In that case I think I'll have to ring them and see how it goes because the interview location seems to be in London, Heathrow.. >.<
I see.. Good luck guys!

autumn-winter
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri, 27 Nov 2009

Postby autumn-winter » Mon, 12 Mar 2012 8:44 am

Hi michelle,

So when would ur interview be? :)
Can u update here?

Thanks!

michelle.chng2585
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby michelle.chng2585 » Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:58 pm

autumn-winter wrote:Hi michelle,

So when would ur interview be? :)
Can u update here?

Thanks!


Sure.. Will post when I know more details.. Apparently I saw on another forum that during training I have to pay for my own accommodation.. And pay for my US visa and immunizations..

luohan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue, 07 Feb 2012

Postby luohan » Mon, 12 Mar 2012 2:53 pm

I think the mixed fleet position is only for EU citizens, as you need to have the "unrestricted right to live and work in the UK".

michelle.chng2585
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby michelle.chng2585 » Mon, 12 Mar 2012 2:56 pm

luohan wrote:I think the mixed fleet position is only for EU citizens, as you need to have the "unrestricted right to live and work in the UK".


I'm not sure about that. I am going to call them later to check. But in the application i filled Singapore for everything. Can't be that they missed that out..

sana
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed, 28 Jun 2006

Postby sana » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 1:10 pm

Hey gals,

How did it go for u all for today ??

Any more tests ?


I missed the recruitment... doubt they will have another one soon....

pink petals
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007

Postby pink petals » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 3:30 pm

there will another round after today's 2nd round.

yup, so sad that i can't make it this recruitment. i think got to wait for 3,4 years before BA recruit again. :(

michelle.chng2585
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

LHR1577 Mixed Fleet Cabin Crew

Postby michelle.chng2585 » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 4:29 pm

I rang them and i was told that i have to check the website regularly for interview time slots. I have to fly up to London, Heathrow. Expenses are all borne by me. There will be no accommodation provided training. When you are confirmed a a BA CC, you will have to pay for your own accommodation when you are based in London. Although their base pay is approx GBP20,000 but the actual amount is about GBP11,000. There are many other information that i saw from this website called cabincrew.com. Per month there will only be GBP500 given. Think it is for transport and food.


Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest