Singapore Expats Forum

BA recruitent 2012

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
IamHisbeloved
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2012

Postby IamHisbeloved » Mon, 27 Feb 2012 3:38 pm

Hi all, u think there would be panel interview on those 2 days as well?

abilgal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat, 31 Dec 2011

Postby abilgal » Mon, 27 Feb 2012 4:49 pm

No news so far:( perhaps they didn't even intend to call alr..

flyhigh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 11 Feb 2011
Location: singapore

Postby flyhigh » Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:57 am

Hi all, I've went to e previous BA interview but gave up aft clearing the language test.

if its still the same, they will test conversation in mandarin n PA and talk more about yourself n family. that should be it for the 1 hour. they just need crew to be able to converse well in both english n madarin.

shiniestar
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun, 17 Feb 2008

Postby shiniestar » Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:31 am

if they didn't call yesterday, i doubt they will call today.. haiz..
gonna give up waiting for the call.. else e disappointment gonna be even bigger :(

autumn-winter
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri, 27 Nov 2009

Postby autumn-winter » Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:44 am

flyhigh wrote:Hi all, I've went to e previous BA interview but gave up aft clearing the language test.

if its still the same, they will test conversation in mandarin n PA and talk more about yourself n family. that should be it for the 1 hour. they just need crew to be able to converse well in both english n madarin.


Hi flyhigh, when was the last time u tried for BA?

I was away and missed the recruitment.. Super upset now

Kayleen
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue, 20 Dec 2011

Postby Kayleen » Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:14 pm

shiniestar wrote:if they didn't call yesterday, i doubt they will call today.. haiz..
gonna give up waiting for the call.. else e disappointment gonna be even bigger :(


Exact sentiments .. :cool:

flyhigh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 11 Feb 2011
Location: singapore

Postby flyhigh » Tue, 28 Feb 2012 1:24 pm

the last recruitment was in end of 2008..
they have not had any recruitment since then..

mojoli
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue, 03 Jan 2012

Postby mojoli » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:13 pm

I guess they have done with all the calling as the interview is tommorrow and I did not receive any calls eithers which I suspect they are looking for the young and fresh graduate as a new image change ? Coz I guess BA have too much mature crew already .

flyhigh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 11 Feb 2011
Location: singapore

Postby flyhigh » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 2:55 pm

I'm not sure about tt but dun think so ba.. coz I'm not young too..

pink petals
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007

Postby pink petals » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 5:30 pm

mojoli wrote:I guess they have done with all the calling as the interview is tommorrow and I did not receive any calls eithers which I suspect they are looking for the young and fresh graduate as a new image change ? Coz I guess BA have too much mature crew already .


i don't think so. i am not young too, in my 30s.

and the current crews with BA aren't that old i feel.

mojoli
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue, 03 Jan 2012

Postby mojoli » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 9:16 pm

Just my 2 cent worth of thinking :) Good Luck to those who are being call up .

weeweewee
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat, 11 Sep 2010

Postby weeweewee » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:43 pm

Good Luck everyone! :)

Nicholas_tay
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 24 Feb 2012

Postby Nicholas_tay » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 12:22 pm

LOL.... u need good command of mandarin to survive the first round...

i was given a chinese passage and then u gotta do a translation of which will read out in english...

i foamed.....

:???:

shiniestar
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun, 17 Feb 2008

Postby shiniestar » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 3:28 pm

Nicholas_tay wrote:LOL.... u need good command of mandarin to survive the first round...

i was given a chinese passage and then u gotta do a translation of which will read out in english...

i foamed.....

:???:


how's the turn out? i mean did they call many people for the interview?
and did many make it for the first round?

Ohmy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 01 Mar 2012

Postby Ohmy » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 4:34 pm

Register yourself, then gt ur certs n passport verified. Then, height n weight.. Waited for about 15 mins, then proceed to a room.. I was given 1 English passage and 1 Chinese passage. Given a few minutes practise before reading it. Then, interviewer will read out a english passage for me to translate into Chinese.. He/she will read the passage twice, and im given about 5 mins to translate on the spot(with pen n paper to scribble).. There's about 10 people when I was there.. Results will be out by 9march latest via phone call n next interview scheduled on either 13 or 14 march.

Like Nicolas said, good command of mandarin is essential.

Good luck to those gg for the interviews tomorrow!


Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests