Singapore Expats Forum

Exec Assistant salary in Singapore?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

kiwijodes

Exec Assistant salary in Singapore?

Postby kiwijodes » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 4:23 pm

Hi there

I'm relocating to Singapore with my hubby and I'm desperately trying to find some info around what a high level Executive Assistant (Board/Chairman/CEO) level would look to earn in terms of base and any expat package benefits? I've been an EA for 13 years (I'm 32, kiwi female currently been living/working in Dubai for nearly 6 years, prior to the New Zealand and UK).

Does anyone have any information they may be able to share in terms of base/housing etc? I would be forever grateful.

I've found plenty of ads for roles that interest me and have contacted recruitment agents however to no avail - which is making it difficult to get an idea of what kind of salary I would be looking at.

Appreciate any info
Cheers
Jodie

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 5:10 pm

Executive assistance lands in the realm of "lotsa locals capable of doing it" (yes, even at the top executive level). So, companies would opt to hire locals to satisfy local-foreigner ratios mandated by law, and also because there's less paperwork involved.

And locals would tend to work for less money as well.

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Postby curiousgeorge » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 8:48 pm

Yeah EAs are 10 a penny here in SG. I can't imagine there even exists an EA in Singapore on an "expat" contract, but I am willing to be proved wrong.

Possible to get a "top level" EA for about $3000 a month...I think that is S pass territory...

Your best bet might be to get a recommendation to the local office if you previously worked for a multi-national.

If not, wait until you get here and have a dependant's pass...think it would be easier to get work then, rather than try and qualify on your own merits.

kiwijodes

Postby kiwijodes » Sat, 11 Feb 2012 2:39 pm

thanks guys, appreciate your help - I would need to provide husband with dependent pass so that leaves me in a bit of a pickle....

BigT

Postby BigT » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 4:50 am

nakatago wrote:Executive assistance lands in the realm of "lotsa locals capable of doing it" (yes, even at the top executive level). So, companies would opt to hire locals to satisfy local-foreigner ratios mandated by law, and also because there's less paperwork involved.

Out of interest what are the local-foreigner ratios?

And locals would tend to work for less money as well.

Top level EA for 3k -whats the best way to recruit in Singapore ? Any decent websites ? Or just the normal recruiters li,e Paige ? Help appreciated I need anEA

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:04 pm

If you are going to be dealing with locals, then you need a local PA (preferably Chinese & English [not Singlish] speaking). You don't need the likes of Paige or other "headhunting" firms. Use a local recruiter. They will charge you 80% to 100% of one month's salary for a fee and not 15-30% of per annum salary and you'll have the same abysmal service from either. Figure on having to replace PA's once every two years as they will leave for 5 minutes or $50 or "change of environment". :???: