Singapore Expats

Licensed recruitment agents

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
rogery

Licensed recruitment agents

Post by rogery » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:37 am

Hi friends,

Is it true that all recruitment agencies are listed on MOM webpage (http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... ctory.aspx)?

There are a few recruitment companies (like this one: http://www.shengyeinternational.com/index-2.html) introduce themselves as a licensed recruitment agent but I could not find them on the above MOM page, is there something doubtful?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:50 pm

I had a look at their site and it does not appear to be either a recruitment agency nor is their license displayed on the site. (as required by law) They appear to only be a visa application service and maybe a staffing provider (not recruiting but directly employing individuals on their payroll and then short term staffing with their clients.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lukeduke

Re: Licensed recruitment agents

Post by lukeduke » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 1:13 pm

Yes this is correct. You will also be able to see all staff within that company who are registered.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 3:31 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I had a look at their site and it does not appear to be either a recruitment agency nor is their license displayed on the site. (as required by law) They appear to only be a visa application service and maybe a staffing provider (not recruiting but directly employing individuals on their payroll and then short term staffing with their clients.
Just curious, is that even legal here?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 6:00 pm

Yes it is. But I'm not sure if the rules have changed since I left the recruitment industry (we did recruitment as well as temp staffing. Temp staffing is not recruiting as they are employed on our payroll therefore we were an employer and not a recruiter (we were actually both).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers