Singapore Expats

Applying PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Vaidhyanathan

Applying PR

Post by Vaidhyanathan » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:08 am

Hi All,
Am new to this forum. Working here since Aug'2004 in same company , i started with WP and converted to 'S' pass in the year Jun 2009.
I submitted my PR application on Sep'2009 ( with company letter) & application was rejected and ICA advised me reapply with in 2 years time , waited for almost 2 years and submitted again in Jan'2011 ( with company letter), results are same as earlier - rejected ( ICA letter stated your application is not successful ) . i got indian degree (currently degree is not listed in MOM website ) and completed my NTC3 in singapore. Working with same company (MNC) almost 8 years , holding engineer position and paying tax as well.Hope to hear some valuable suggestion on this matter.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:31 am

Indians applying for PR right now are very low priority, unless you're really, really desirable (e.g. a top-notch scientist or are very, very, very rich). If you read the other threads about applying for PR, you'll see the current situation much more clearly.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Applying PR

Post by the lynx » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:32 am

Vaidhyanathan wrote:I submitted my PR application on Sep'2009 ( with company letter) & application was rejected and ICA advised me reapply with in 2 years time , waited for almost 2 years and submitted again in Jan'2011 ( with company letter), results are same as earlier - rejected ( ICA letter stated your application is not successful )
Sorry to revisit school times (and to harp on seemingly minute details) but some mathematics here for you.

Sep 2009 + 2 years = Aug 2011

Jan 2011 is waaaaaaaaay too early, which (sad to say) spells premature death to your application. And ICA doesn't like people who don't read and count properly. There is a reason why ICA specifically tells you '2 years' (because some other rejected applications don't even have that advised reapplication period clause stated in the rejection).

Did the second rejection mention how long you should wait before re-applying (again)?

Vaidhyanathan

Applying PR

Post by Vaidhyanathan » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:51 pm

Hi,
ICA letter clearly stated with in 2 years of time (didn't mention apply after 2 years) and my friends advised normally the PR quota will be open in the beginning of the year,so i decided to apply in beginning of the year.Second rejection letter stated your application is not successful .

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 1:00 pm

Vaidhyanathan wrote:... my friends advised normally open the PR quota will be open in the beginning of the year,so i decided to apply in beginning of the year ...
... my friends advised normally the PR quota will be open in the beginning of the year,so i decided to apply in beginning of the year ...
There's a strange echo in here :twisted:

That's the first time I've ever seen a reference to a 'quota' being filled from the start of the year. I wonder if there's any real evidence to back that up, or is it just an urban myth?
Be careful what you wish for

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 1:17 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:
Vaidhyanathan wrote:... my friends advised normally open the PR quota will be open in the beginning of the year,so i decided to apply in beginning of the year ...
... my friends advised normally the PR quota will be open in the beginning of the year,so i decided to apply in beginning of the year ...
There's a strange echo in here :twisted:

That's the first time I've ever seen a reference to a 'quota' being filled from the start of the year. I wonder if there's any real evidence to back that up, or is it just an urban myth?
Well, not an actual stated quota. We all know how the gahmen wants to maintain the ratios of races here--which doesn't get reset like OP has been made to believe.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 1:24 pm

nakatago wrote:Well, not an actual stated quota. We all know how the gahmen wants to maintain the ratios of races here--which doesn't get reset like OP has been made to believe.
Right. I'm not disputing that there are 'quotas' maintained by the relevant authorities. But is there any evidence that these are set (and PRs handed out) around a specific calendar?
Be careful what you wish for

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 1:28 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:
nakatago wrote:Well, not an actual stated quota. We all know how the gahmen wants to maintain the ratios of races here--which doesn't get reset like OP has been made to believe.
Right. I'm not disputing that there are 'quotas' maintained by the relevant authorities. But is there any evidence that these are set (and PRs handed out) around a specific calendar?
Not in specific month but April is ..........and right after GE about two months after.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 1:47 pm

Bet you all these rumour-mongers are all having masters. Most appear to be dumber than shucked oysters. No wonder we get fed up repeating ourselves. Them's idjits out there what's making our jobs hard! Just what the country needs, more genetic idiots to add to the huge number of genetic idiots already with citizenship.

It's easy to see how the gahmen wield their hatchet. If'n you can't follow directions........

CHOP! It's about bloody time too!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers