Where to live with young family

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
glmt1234

Where to live with young family

Post by glmt1234 » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 6:15 am

Hi,

Im trying to decide where to look for rental places for my young family (2 year old and one in the oven). Probably going to bite the bullet and get a car, so that means I can live a bit further out and hopefully save a bit on rent. Budget is 5-7k.

I think I'll be working close to the city but not too concerned with a commute.

Ive been looking around the upper Bukit Timah area which seemed like a good option.

Other considerations are near to decent school/preschool for my son.

Thanks for your help.

Singapore Property Search

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 8:46 am

If you have a search on the forum, this similar topic has been discussed probably daily for the last 4 years.

However, depends what you want, for 5-7K you can get a decent 3/4 bed condo in a new apartment in East Coast, Bukit Timah, Holland V, etc etc etc.

East Coast is great if you like the sea and the beach, Bukit Timah is nice, but there is no where that isn't nice in Singapore!

Read first and ask pointed questions when they come to you, but please use the knowledge base that is the search facility!
nutnut

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 9:36 am

Even if you buy a car, you'll probably find it more convenient to take MRT or a direct bus to work in the city every day, so keep that option in mind.

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:08 am

Decide on a school, find out where you'll be working, and then see if there's anything that would provide convenient access to both.

5-7k should get you a long way, and I don't think you have to move far out on such a budget. I think you would find something at that price at River Place or somewhere similar (The Pier would be too pricey though), and that is a very good location right on the river.