Singapore Expats

foreigner having a baby in singapore

Discuss the various Pediatrician, Obstetrician & Gynaecologist options here.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 11 Nov 2013 1:17 pm

nms wrote:It's unfortunate that you don't have your PR yet as that would have helped to reduce the bills.
As a PR, the bills would have been reduced, but not to a great extent ..

Wd40: I doubt the MP or Sinda would help ..

Coincidentally, when I was in Expo, Prudential was promoting a new insurance, specially for pregnant women .. though my other half was appalled to see the 'coverage .. '

ravindra123

Post by ravindra123 » Tue, 19 Nov 2013 1:24 pm

Hi Wd40, thanks for your reply. I did try reaching SINDA, however they only help Indian Community who are Singaporeans and not Indians who are employment pass holders. I will be checking with Area MP. My baby girls delivery was in NUH. NICU facilities are great, however the bill has crossed 30K SGD in 12 days. And considering that the baby is to stay in NICU for almost 3 months, I am forced to think of airlifting her to India. However, doctors here are suggesting thats not a very good idea for premature babies to be airlifted. Also talking to Medical Social Worker from NUH for any subsidies if they can offer. But I guess its a time consuming affair and again its meant mainly for locals. Trying times ahead.

ally.wang

Re: foreigner having a baby in singapore

Post by ally.wang » Thu, 02 Mar 2017 1:16 pm

shubham.nath wrote:Hi, my husband and i are foreigners in Singapore on employment pass. We are scheduled to have a baby later this year.
Looking at the kind of medical expenses associated with having a baby here, we are trying to evaluate if we should have the baby here - or go to our home country (India) for delivery.
Although i am sure that delivery cost and cost of addressing complications (if any) will be much less in India, we wanted to consider any other benefits of having a baby here . eg. help in becoming a Singaporean PR or citizen later.
If any such benefits are likely, then we would not want to lose out on them, and would overlook the cost factor.

Please help us in making a decision
Well you may opt to go to India too if you want a better support system or if your husband is coming with you too. It’ll be much better with your family around. I gave birth in Singapore with Dr. Regina Zuzarte as my ob-gyne very kind doctor and made me feel at ease all throughout the pregnancy period because of her guide. Services I just read here http://www.gynaemdclementi.com.sg/ As of the cost, well I can say it’s worth because my baby is my priority. Hope this helps and wish you well on your way to parenthood. O:) O:)

reshyam

Post by reshyam » Sun, 23 Apr 2017 5:28 pm

Hi Guys,
Well come to forum site.We know what you mean, haven't really talked much about that yet but he asked me the key question of where we prefer to deliver,. if here or Philippines. We are think if we decided to deliver the baby here, we will definitely need to get married asap.
Getting married is easy,weave been together for 3 yrs and I think sooner or later we will do, it just that we got pregnant a bit too early,,, . SO we everything will need to be rush!.
Thanks.......

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 24 Apr 2017 5:33 pm

reshyam wrote:Hi Guys,
Well come to forum site.We know what you mean, haven't really talked much about that yet but he asked me the key question of where we prefer to deliver,. if here or Philippines. We are think if we decided to deliver the baby here, we will definitely need to get married asap.
Getting married is easy,weave been together for 3 yrs and I think sooner or later we will do, it just that we got pregnant a bit too early,,, . SO we everything will need to be rush!.
Thanks.......
we got pregnant ;)

oh, you don't need to be married to deliver in Singapore!

Where is "he" from ? ;)

lagimoana
Regular
Regular

Re: hello

Post by lagimoana » Fri, 05 May 2017 10:26 pm

mai011 wrote: I know what you mean, haven't really talked much about that yet but he asked me the key question of where I prefer to deliver,. if here or Philippines. I think if we decided to deliver the baby here, we will definitely need to get married asap.
Getting married is easy,weve been together for 3 yrs and I think sooner or later we will do, it just that I got pregnant a bit too early,,, haha. SO everything will need to be rush!.
And btw, UK is not an option as my partner is based here, and we never lived in UK. Getting a visa to deliver a baby can be quite complicated.'
reshyam wrote:Hi Guys,
Thanks.......
hmmmmmmm :-k