Singapore Expats Forum

LTVP common-law relationship

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Benedikta

LTVP common-law relationship

Postby Benedikta » Fri, 27 Jan 2012 3:36 pm

Hello,
I would be very grateful for some advice in obtaining a Long term visit pass: We have just moved to Singapore, my partner already holds an employment pass, we have aplied for the dependent passes for our 2 children, and I will need a LTVP as we are not married. Unfortunatly the German Embassy (my partner is German) does not issue any letter/ document regarding a common-law relationship, and the High Commission (i have the British passport) couldn't help either.

Could anybody recommend us a lawyer or similar here in Singapore who could help us in this matter?
Thanks a lot!

beppi
Manager
Manager

Postby beppi » Fri, 27 Jan 2012 5:45 pm

You don't need a lawyer.
All formalities are easy enough to complete on your own.
And ICA is suspicious of people using lawyers, so it would probably even diminish your chances.
Just ask ICA what to do and follow their instructions!

voxies09

Postby voxies09 » Fri, 27 Jan 2012 5:56 pm

i dont think you will able to get LTVSP - you are not in below criteria.
    Visitors who are Holders of Foreign-Issued Educational Certificate Seeking Employment in Singapore
    Visitors who are Students of Institute of Higher Learning Seeking Employment in Singapore
    Female Visitor Whose Child/Grandchild Is Studying in Singapore On A Student's Pass
    Visitor Whose Spouse Is A Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)
    Visitor (below 21 years old) Whose Parent Is A Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)
    Visitor Whose Child (above the age of 21 years old) is a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)
    Visitor Seeking Permission To Deliver A Child In Singapore
    Visitor Seeking Long Term Stay

I even can not apply LTSVP to my auntie take care my son.

Benedikta

Re: LTVP common-law relationship

Postby Benedikta » Fri, 27 Jan 2012 7:33 pm

Benedikta wrote:Hello,
I would be very grateful for some advice in obtaining a Long term visit pass: We have just moved to Singapore, my partner already holds an employment pass, we have aplied for the dependent passes for our 2 children, and I will need a LTVP as we are not married. Unfortunatly the German Embassy (my partner is German) does not issue any letter/ document regarding a common-law relationship, and the High Commission (i have the British passport) couldn't help either.

Could anybody recommend us a lawyer or similar here in Singapore who could help us in this matter?
Thanks a lot!

Thanks for your replies, maybe I should explain it a bit better: I meant that we are looking for somebody official (other than the embassies who won't
do it) to state/certify that we are in a common-law relationship as
requested from MOM, so that I can apply for the LTVP for a common-law
spouse. MOM advised us to obtain this from our embassies, but both
embassies refused (the Germans say they no longer do it and the british
say they can't because the main EP holder is German) and advised us to
contact a lawyer instead without any further helpful suggestions.
Many thanks!

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 27 Jan 2012 8:29 pm

Have you considered just getting married? Probably cheaper and less stressful at this point (6yrs and 2 kids) than paying for a lawyer and trying to beat ICA. (No one beats ICA)

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 28 Jan 2012 3:25 pm

Read OP READ >>>>>>

ftopic71419.html&highlight=
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!