Singapore Expats Forum

Family Physician/ GP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

devuk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 24 Jan 2012

Family Physician/ GP

Postby devuk » Wed, 25 Jan 2012 7:31 pm

Wondered what's the average income for a Family Physician in Singapore?
(GP from the UK )

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Family Physician/ GP

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:39 am

devuk wrote:Wondered what's the average income for a Family Physician in Singapore?
(GP from the UK )


Govt hospital ? 3,500 + allowances ++ => about 5,000 to 6,000 ??

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Re: Family Physician/ GP

Postby BillyB » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:52 am

ecureilx wrote:
devuk wrote:Wondered what's the average income for a Family Physician in Singapore?
(GP from the UK )


Govt hospital ? 3,500 + allowances ++ => about 5,000 to 6,000 ??


Are you certain of that figure for a fully qualified Doctor in the public sector?

I know a GP who relocated from the UK and is at a private clinic in HK and makes over 1.5mn HKD ($240k SGD), which I would estimate is a similar salary to a UK GP.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Family Physician/ GP

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:56 am

BillyB wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
devuk wrote:Wondered what's the average income for a Family Physician in Singapore?
(GP from the UK )


Govt hospital ? 3,500 + allowances ++ => about 5,000 to 6,000 ??


Are you certain of that figure for a fully qualified Doctor in the public sector?

I know a GP who relocated from the UK and is at a private clinic in HK and makes over 1.5mn HKD ($240k SGD), which I would estimate is a similar salary to a UK GP.


Ah, of late, since of late, my stars are not shining bright, and my social skills have been questioned, and I run the risk of being scolded by the mods, I will send you a PM .. than find myself staring at the end of a loaded shot gun .. AGAIN !!!

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Re: Family Physician/ GP

Postby BillyB » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:06 am

ecureilx wrote:
BillyB wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
devuk wrote:Wondered what's the average income for a Family Physician in Singapore?
(GP from the UK )


Govt hospital ? 3,500 + allowances ++ => about 5,000 to 6,000 ??


Are you certain of that figure for a fully qualified Doctor in the public sector?

I know a GP who relocated from the UK and is at a private clinic in HK and makes over 1.5mn HKD ($240k SGD), which I would estimate is a similar salary to a UK GP.


Ah, of late, since of late, my stars are not shining bright, and my social skills have been questioned, and I run the risk of being scolded by the mods, I will send you a PM .. than find myself staring at the end of a loaded shot gun .. AGAIN !!!


I'm not questioning your social skills in any way. The figure just seems a little on the low side, that's all!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests