Singapore Expats Forum

Which is the best option? Applying Online or get visit visa?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Enzali

Which is the best option? Applying Online or get visit visa?

Postby Enzali » Sun, 22 Jan 2012 7:41 pm

Hello,

My question is what do you guys think is the best option? I should apply online through job portals and than wait for the employer to give me a call? Or I should go to Singapore on social visit and than look for a job there? Do you guys think that going in person would increase the chances of landing a job for me?

What is the common procedure that people undergo to land a job in SG?

Also, please advice, is it a good option to meet consultants in my home country and ask for their services to get me a job? Can they do it? And is it the preferred method?

Thanks.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Postby beppi » Mon, 23 Jan 2012 5:25 pm

Generally, the job market is on the Internet nowadays.
However, Singapore companies usually won't invite you for an interview if you are not locally present and provide a Singapore phone number. In addition, many companies won't consider you if you don't already have a visa that allows work here (i.e. you already work here, or you have DP, PR or PEP).

The quality of job consultants (headhunters) in Singapore is generally low. But it does no harm to use them if you don't expect too much. Please note that they are (by law) not allowed to charge the applicant - those that do are dubious and should be avoided!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Jan 2012 4:15 am

^^^^^
+1

'nuff said.