Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 4:01 pm
I've scanned the entire forum for similar questions and couldn't find it, so here we go.
Recently, my company has applied for Employment Pass for me in Singapore. During this application, I did truthfully answer the fact that I had been convicted and (consequently) been deported from the US about a decade ago. As you may guess, the application got rejected and for the company, this is pretty much it.
My questions now:
- The company claims they weren't offered the option of appeal. Isn't appeal always possible?
- Is deportation always ground to reject an application? Will there be a time when this "expires"?
- Could the fact that my work experience has not been listed in the application be a factor in the rejection decission?
- Is there a waiting period, before I can apply again?
- Do you have any other information that could be valuable?
Thanks in advance all!
- Posts: 1764
- Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 11:15 am
- Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)
MoM evaluates many points when deciding about an EP application. And they don't normally tell the reason for a rejection.
No (mentioned) work experience is certainly a minus, a non-minor criminal conviction is a big minus.
You can always appeal, but without new facts this would be a waste of time (just saying "Pleeeaaase look at it again!" doesn't work in Singapore). The same is true for re-application after some time. If adding your work experience would help cannot be predicted.
A criminal conviction with deportation is pretty major in my opinion. If it is for overstaying your visa, illegal work or has anything to do with drugs, you can probably forget about ever working in Singapore.
- 48 Replies
- 27889 Views
Last post by sundaymorningstaple
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 11:48 am
- 32 Replies
- 12600 Views
Last post by TanKianWee
Mon, 06 Jul 2020 9:32 am
- 5 Replies
- 2173 Views
Last post by PartyLike-A-Russian
Wed, 20 Oct 2021 11:18 am
- 18 Replies
- 9050 Views
Last post by jamie9vardy
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 9:54 am
- 7 Replies
- 5434 Views
Last post by Kerui
Sat, 24 Mar 2018 1:25 pm
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests