Singapore Expats Forum

Foreign company to dispatch employee to Singapore which WP/Visa

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
stealthger

Foreign company to dispatch employee to Singapore which WP/Visa

Postby stealthger » Thu, 19 Jan 2012 3:49 pm

Hi,

I´m trying to figure out which would be the correct work pass or visa for the following case.

My German based company wants me to relocate to Singapore to support our customers in Asia and Singapore. I would have to work from my home office and travel frequently to other countries.

I´m pretty much confused on which visa or work pass I would have to apply???

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Thu, 19 Jan 2012 3:53 pm

Your employers apply for the visa, not you.

Moreover, http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx

beppi
Manager
Manager

Postby beppi » Thu, 19 Jan 2012 4:51 pm

Your employer has to open a "Representative Office" (RO) in Singapore (or register a company, which is more complicated but can have its own turnover/profit), then they can employ you and get an EP for you.
I have helped setting up a RO for a German company in Singapore before - PM me if you have questions.
www.iesingapore.com is a good starting point for further information.

rodeoflip

Postby rodeoflip » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 6:23 pm

Advice on that, as I am currently doing the exact same thing: Go to an agency and have them take care of everything right away instead of trying to be smart and doing it all yourself. Speaking from experience. RO was no problem, but for EP application via EP Online you need to have an appointed account administrator that is either Singaporian PR, citizen or EP holder him-/herself.

Can PM me as well if you like.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 10 Feb 2012 4:02 pm

rodeoflip wrote:Advice on that, as I am currently doing the exact same thing: Go to an agency and have them take care of everything right away instead of trying to be smart and doing it all yourself.

If you are educated enough to understand English, in my terms, you don't need to pay agencies.

After all, every government website here is detailed enough, unless you are trying to help your 'friends' or you have a lot of spare cash

That's my 2 cents ..

Well, doing yourself is SMART, using agencies for stuff like this and paying a lot .... is NOT always smart !

No offense.