Singapore Expats Forum

Financial Services Career

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

spykeblues

Financial Services Career

Postby spykeblues » Thu, 19 Jan 2012 12:44 am

Hi Guys,
I am a newcomer to this forum, reading through this forums for months now since i am contemplating a move to Singapore and would be grateful for any kind of guidance in my case.
I have a MBA from University of Wales,UK, worked in one of World's largest Financial Conglomerates in UK for past 2 years and have an Indian Passport.
I have an EPEC( Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate) valid for activation for next 2 years.
I am planning to have a closer look at job scenario in Singapore and hence am moving to Singapore for a Period of 3-4 months in next month (February 2012)
I have received a lot of mixed response from , both positive and negative regarding Financial services or Finance Jobs market in Singapore and am really confused now.
With aspects like what will be pay scale for Young MBA's with a bit of experience like mine, would I be able to secure a role in Singapore or would it be futile in given scenario?
Any advice is greatly appreciated,since it would be a big move for me.
Please Please guys any help is really greatly appreciated

Lastly apologize if i sound a bit in Hurry or have asked any stupid questions,since all research and reviews have really confused me a lot.

Thanks a ton in advance Guys!!!
Cheers :)
On my way to new shores very soon..Singapore

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:27 am

How can people suggest anything when you've basically said - I want a job in finance?! The market is huge and pay differs dramatically between roles - banking, accounting, audit, investment management.....they are all finance related jobs.

You have an MBA, help yourself first...

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:58 am

What Billy said.

You have enough education to sort out all the cruft from the information you got.

spykeblues

Postby spykeblues » Thu, 19 Jan 2012 2:22 pm

Hi Guys,
Apologize for not mentioning my field of work; i work in asset management and related business areas like restructuring and asset loans for SME Businesses,if possible i would like to make a move to risk management or Business Forecasting.If anyone can provide any guidance please feel free for any kind of positive or negative responses,since i believe in constructive or helpful criticism.
Thanks a ton BillyB and Nakatago for replying to the post.
Once again thanks a ton in advance to everyone who replies to the post.
Cheers :)
On my way to new shores very soon..Singapore