Singapore Expats

Herbalife Aloe Concentrate is good

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
mandy1

Herbalife Aloe Concentrate is good

Post by mandy1 » Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:49 pm

I have been having consipation problems since young.

But last week , someone introduce me to the aloe conc... my problem is solve after drinking for 4 daes. ppl wif bowel problems can try it. :D

Post by Guest » Wed, 01 Dec 2004 3:28 pm

drinking that for 1 year already. very refreshing and help me lost 6kg :lol:

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mad » Thu, 02 Dec 2004 9:39 am

which brand are you referring to?

annie

Post by annie » Thu, 02 Dec 2004 3:10 pm

lost weight?oh my god, i dun wanna lost weight...
how much is it? can be bought at any pharmacies/watson?

Post by Guest » Thu, 02 Dec 2004 4:44 pm

Herbalife

Cannot get from Watson. Muz order from suppliers.
I usualli get from my mum's supplier coz she will give me discounts.

I drank for a year , mayb coz it helps to detox , so i lose 6kg :)

weiteng

Post by weiteng » Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:26 pm

is it really gd? tell us more. I need to lose weight too.

MY

Post by MY » Fri, 06 May 2005 4:45 pm

AGAINST HERBALIFE

One may or may not agree with what I am about to say. But I believe the uninformed has the right to know more info about Herbalife. I wouldn't personally want to be involved with a company or its products, with such story. For those of you like to discuss the issue further, you are more than welcomed to do so. There are alternatives. Just click 'pm' or 'email' button below. Otherwise, this is what I gather from the MLMwatch website:

Mark Hughes founder of Herbalife said many times that he had been inspired to start his company after his mother (Jo Ann Hartman) died from taking diet pills. However, Hartman's autopsy found that she died of an overdose of Darvon, a narcotic painkiller. At the time of her death she was 5-foot-6-inches tall but weighed only 105 pounds.

In 1985, the California Attorney General sued Herbalife International and its founder/president Mark Hughes for making false claims about several products. The case was settled in 1986 with a consent agreement under which the defendants paid $850,000 in penalties and were permanently barred from making unsubstantiated health claims for any product [14].

In May 2002, Herbalife founder, chairman, and chief executive officer Mark Reynold Hughes, was found dead at his $27 million oceanfront mansion in Malibu, California. In a series of articles about the death, David Evans (Bloomberg News) reported:

Mark Hughes founder of Herbalife, died after a 4-day drinking binge, apparently from an overdose of alcohol and the antidepressant drug doxepin. His blood alcohol level was 0.21% (more than double the "drunk driving" level). He was being treated by a psychiatrist for a drinking problem.
Ref: http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife05.html

More recently 2005
Herbalife would like you believe that taking Niteworks™ will benefit your heart. The product was formulated by Louis J. Ignarro, PhD., professor of molecular and medical pharmacology at the UCLA School of Medicine, who shared the 1998 Nobel Prize in Medicine for his research concerning nitric oxide as a signaling molecule in the cardiovascular system [1,2]. This article tells why I believe that Niteworks is being promoted with improper claims and Ignarro's conduct has been highly questionable.
The Bottom Line
Niteworks is being promoted as a powerful preventive against cardiovascular disease even though the product has never been studied in humans. Nobel Prize winner Louis Ignarro, Ph.D, who has a substantial financial interest in the matter, is using his prestige to facilitate the sales process. Although research into nitric oxide may lead to some practical use of arginine supplementation, it seems unlikely to result in "no more heart disease." Meanwhile, I believe it is foolish to spend $90 a month for a product that is overpriced and has no proven value.
Ref: http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/niteworks.html

For more info:

http://www.quackwatch.org/search/webgli ... &cache=yes
Warm rgds
MY
[email protected]

cyke69sg

Post by cyke69sg » Fri, 06 May 2005 8:47 pm

MY wrote:AGAINST HERBALIFE

One may or may not agree with what I am about to say. But I believe the uninformed has the right to know more info about Herbalife. I wouldn't personally want to be involved with a company or its products, with such story. For those of you like to discuss the issue further, you are more than welcomed to do so. There are alternatives. Just click 'pm' or 'email' button below. Otherwise, this is what I gather from the MLMwatch website:

Mark Hughes founder of Herbalife said many times that he had been inspired to start his company after his mother (Jo Ann Hartman) died from taking diet pills. However, Hartman's autopsy found that she died of an overdose of Darvon, a narcotic painkiller. At the time of her death she was 5-foot-6-inches tall but weighed only 105 pounds.

In 1985, the California Attorney General sued Herbalife International and its founder/president Mark Hughes for making false claims about several products. The case was settled in 1986 with a consent agreement under which the defendants paid $850,000 in penalties and were permanently barred from making unsubstantiated health claims for any product [14].

In May 2002, Herbalife founder, chairman, and chief executive officer Mark Reynold Hughes, was found dead at his $27 million oceanfront mansion in Malibu, California. In a series of articles about the death, David Evans (Bloomberg News) reported:

Mark Hughes founder of Herbalife, died after a 4-day drinking binge, apparently from an overdose of alcohol and the antidepressant drug doxepin. His blood alcohol level was 0.21% (more than double the "drunk driving" level). He was being treated by a psychiatrist for a drinking problem.
Ref: http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife05.html

More recently 2005
Herbalife would like you believe that taking Niteworks™ will benefit your heart. The product was formulated by Louis J. Ignarro, PhD., professor of molecular and medical pharmacology at the UCLA School of Medicine, who shared the 1998 Nobel Prize in Medicine for his research concerning nitric oxide as a signaling molecule in the cardiovascular system [1,2]. This article tells why I believe that Niteworks is being promoted with improper claims and Ignarro's conduct has been highly questionable.
The Bottom Line
Niteworks is being promoted as a powerful preventive against cardiovascular disease even though the product has never been studied in humans. Nobel Prize winner Louis Ignarro, Ph.D, who has a substantial financial interest in the matter, is using his prestige to facilitate the sales process. Although research into nitric oxide may lead to some practical use of arginine supplementation, it seems unlikely to result in "no more heart disease." Meanwhile, I believe it is foolish to spend $90 a month for a product that is overpriced and has no proven value.
Ref: http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/niteworks.html

For more info:

http://www.quackwatch.org/search/webgli ... &cache=yes
I have read all these articles before.

Let me just say that in the medical world there are even worse stories.

Look at the recent Vioxx, Bextra debacles. These caused deaths too. Do you still visit your doctor and get drugs from Pfizer?

The point is that although Mark Hughes died young and of dubious causes he was a businessman. Nothing to do with the products. It's just like th pharmaceutical companies. You don't see MSD, Glaxxo and Pfizer donating drugs to the Tsunami victims although many doctor purchased from the drug companies and sent them to Meluaboh. I personally tried to get the companies to sell me at a discount telling them the 500 bottles of pediatric antibiotics were for the children in Meluaboh and they said no.

As for conflict of interest. This is extremely prevalent in the health industry.

A perfect example is bypass surgery and Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA). These procedures for angina patients are fraught with high risks and have high failure rates with poor success rates. But yet they are continued to be promoted.

In this world there is no such thing as having someone look after your interests and protecting you from everything.

Your greatest protection is to gather information and assess them for yourself.

As for the Herbalife products I have seen nothing wrong with them. If anything the doses in their supplements are a bit too low for me to use them in my practice. Ironically this is probably their way of making sure it is safe for their laymen distributors to sell to their customers.

I have met Herbalife distributors, USANA distributors, and Unicity distributors. And I can say that the USANA and Unicity ones were trying to teach me about alternative medicine even though I am a fellow of the American Council of Applied Clinical Nutrition. They were talking to my patients trying to play doctor. Herbalife makes a strong point to educate their distributors not to play doctor and that they do not diagnose and treat diseases.

Nevertheless in my objective analysis, the only Herbalife product I would recommend above all the competitors MLM or not would be their Formula 1 protein powders.