Singapore Expats Forum

Help needed for local address

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

sipayichinnodu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 05 Jan 2012

Help needed for local address

Postby sipayichinnodu » Fri, 13 Jan 2012 4:13 pm

Hi all.
i am from India. I am ready to apply for PEP, personalized Employment Pass. The problem is i donot have local address. i want some body to act as my local address. can any one help me by doing this for me please

Thanks in advance

beppi
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Postby beppi » Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:07 pm

What are you prepared to pay?
There are secretary service companies that offer this for a few hundred S$ per month. I will do it for half of that!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 14 Jan 2012 8:49 am

beppi wrote:What are you prepared to pay?
There are secretary service companies that offer this for a few hundred S$ per month. I will do it for half of that!


half of a few hundred ?? :)

Can I quote twice of your half ?? :D :D

beppi
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Postby beppi » Tue, 17 Jan 2012 6:11 pm

The OP has (via PM) already approached and pissed off three long-standing forumers by DEMANDING their help in this matter (without offering a reasonable reward).
His vocabulary does not seem to contain the word "please" and he comes across as somebody used to command servants and subordinates. Unfortunately, this is not a way to make friends on this forum or get help from strangers.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10831
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 17 Jan 2012 6:50 pm

There are two key issues here.

a) The OP really has a tangled mess that he needs to clean up before proceeding with a PEP application.

b) I choose which people for which I might offer my services and local address. Believe it or not, the PEP application asks the local address to guarantee the applicant... it's probably a failure to update forms... and... why do that for someone completely unproven... and whose track record to date is suspect.

c) The OP has not researched what the local addressee must do/pay, and I consider that a lack of due diligence.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Tue, 17 Jan 2012 7:34 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:There are two key issues here.

a) The OP really has a tangled mess that he needs to clean up before proceeding with a PEP application.

b) I choose which people for which I might offer my services and local address. Believe it or not, the PEP application asks the local address to guarantee the applicant... it's probably a failure to update forms... and... why do that for someone completely unproven... and whose track record to date is suspect.

c) The OP has not researched what the local addressee must do/pay, and I consider that a lack of due diligence.


That's three already :P

(just to lighten up the mood)

On the other hand, I already have doubts on helping OP by reading from his post alone. Even with 'please' and 'thanks', the tone sounds demanding and imposing, which negates the p's and q's. :-|

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Postby Mi Amigo » Tue, 17 Jan 2012 9:34 pm

got MASTERS? :P :twisted:
Be careful what you wish for

sweetgazebo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon, 26 Dec 2011

Postby sweetgazebo » Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:02 pm

When I applied for my PEP I had difficulty securing a local 'sponsor'. Even a long time friend was not prepared to do it due to the (security) consequences, should I 'disappear'. Finally, after much running around and pleading with someone I knew for some time, and this too, with a lot of 'bribes', he finally decided to stand as sponsor and even that he told me that 'he will be taking a risk with me'!

That's the reason why companies like rivkin are charging between $1200 to $1800 for an ep app (you can only guess what the cost is for a pep apps).


Strong Eagle wrote:There are two key issues here.

a) The OP really has a tangled mess that he needs to clean up before proceeding with a PEP application.

b) I choose which people for which I might offer my services and local address. Believe it or not, the PEP application asks the local address to guarantee the applicant... it's probably a failure to update forms... and... why do that for someone completely unproven... and whose track record to date is suspect.

c) The OP has not researched what the local addressee must do/pay, and I consider that a lack of due diligence.

beppi
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Postby beppi » Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:25 pm

sweetgazebo wrote:That's the reason why companies like rivkin are charging between $1200 to $1800 for an ep app (you can only guess what the cost is for a pep apps).

From what I heard, it's S$2400 for a PEP.
I offered the OP to do it for S$500 (a fifth of the professional price) and he countered with "S$50-75". What a joke!

sweetgazebo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon, 26 Dec 2011

Postby sweetgazebo » Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:36 pm

I'd tell the OP to fly kites. I had to fork out a lot more than what you quoted him!

beppi wrote:From what I heard, it's S$2400 for a PEP.
I offered the OP to do it for S$500 (a fifth of the professional price) and he countered with "S$50-75". What a joke!

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:26 pm

beppi wrote:
sweetgazebo wrote:That's the reason why companies like rivkin are charging between $1200 to $1800 for an ep app (you can only guess what the cost is for a pep apps).

From what I heard, it's S$2400 for a PEP.
I offered the OP to do it for S$500 (a fifth of the professional price) and he countered with "S$50-75". What a joke!


You should have just directed him to companies like rivkin for him to get his reality check!

User avatar
nutnut
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1853
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2011
Location: The Mainland....

Re: Help needed for local address

Postby nutnut » Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:16 am

sipayichinnodu wrote:Hi all.
i am from India. I am ready to apply for PEP, personalized Employment Pass. The problem is i donot have local address. i want some body to act as my local address. can any one help me by doing this for me please

Thanks in advance


Hmmm, how about f*** off?
nutnut

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 19 Jan 2012 9:55 pm

Strong Eagle wrote: Believe it or not, the PEP application asks the local address to guarantee the applicant...

To what extent; do you have a source for that?

it's probably a failure to update forms... and... why do that for someone completely unproven... and whose track record to date is suspect.

Why indeed do you selflessly lay yourself on the line for nil compensation? ;)


User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10831
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:02 pm

JR8 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote: Believe it or not, the PEP application asks the local address to guarantee the applicant...

To what extent; do you have a source for that?

I had to sign a block on the form as though it was a standard EP.

it's probably a failure to update forms... and... why do that for someone completely unproven... and whose track record to date is suspect.

Why indeed do you selflessly lay yourself on the line for nil compensation? ;)

Because the applicant was overseas... there was little liability for me because if approved, the liability was no longer mine... and if not approved... well... they are still not in the country.

This is one reason I would not do this for the OP... I have no sense of his morals and ethics.




  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest